View Poll Results: Do you belive in god?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

29 65.91%
  • No.

11 25.00%
  • Who or what is god O_o ?

4 9.09%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you belive in god?

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you belive in god?

Im going to say yes i beilieve in god ^^,
    otherwise my life would suck really bad lol.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I Believe In god.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Otaku DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...didn think so much ppl belive in god . OK...a few questions for ya :
    How do ya imagine god?
    Do you have to belive in god because of your religion?
    (If you have a religion)
    If you belive in god then do you also belive in Lucifer? If so how do you imagine it as?
    Have you ever read the Bible? (I once read 3 pages I think...but then I looked at how many pages there are again and thought "to hell whit this".

Finding God is not peaceful.
    Searching God isn`t peaceful.
    The thought that God exists is peaceful enough.
    Believe!

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Well technically speaking, according to the ten commandments, (I believe it's the second one) that says we shouldn't imagine God or try to create any likeness of him or of heaven...I'm pretty sure it's the second one, but someone is welcome to correct me at any point...but anyhoo, something to do with not creating an image or likeness, so pretty much that makes the first question moot.....

The reason for that is because of the problem of 'idolatry' where people worship idols and images, such as statues of the virgin Mary (especially the ones that people say bleed or cry). Of course, it's kind of hypocritical, because the Christian faith revolves around the image of the crucifix, thus making it pretty close to idolatry.

Buuut the Bible says we were made in God's image, so therefore it makes the second commandment also moot, because now we already have an image to work from.

Generally, I don't really picture any sort of being sitting atop clouds creating universes and stuff.....I consider it more of a "just is" situation, where if there is a God, he "just is".....

Question #2: That's kind of a toughy. We're all predesposed to God, either from parents, culture, or some form, so to say that we're not influenced in some way to believe in God is hard....I don't believe in God because my religion says there's a God, but if I didn't know about religion would I have thought there was a God anyways? Tough one to say.

Question #3: No, I don't believe in Lucifer/Satan, or Hell. However, one might say you can't have one without the other, such as 'love and hate,' or 'good and evil.' I believe that if someone commits horrible crimes in this life, when they pass on they will realize what they have done, and have to answer for it, but I don't think they'll be sent on an express route to Hell. People can supress their guilt in life, but I feel once they pass on, the true knowledge and scope of what they have done will be made known to them.

Question #4: I read it a loooooonnnng time ago, not a very interesting read if you ask me? I don't consider the Bible an actual historical book, but simply stories that should be used to guide people to better themselves. Sure, the stories might be based on actual events, but these events have been altered into myths, to clearly define how to be a good person, and what is considered bad. No more different than Aesop's Fables...the mouse that pulls the thorn from the lions' paw? Same sort of thing. Except the Bible takes historical events and historical figures, and exagerates to create a tale showing moral superiority.
    Last edited by Chubz; Dec 29, 2005 at 01:27 AM.

Newbie lil_x may be famous one day lil_x may be famous one day lil_x's Avatar
    in the middle of know where some stupid little california town
    Thanks

I believe in god, I have actually seen things to make me believe, things that he is the only answer to
    [see all my cool anime pics^-^* ( as soon as I put the link so until then you got to )waitlove X xoxo

Otaku DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Nive Chubz ! Thanks for those answers. Very good !
    And lil_x ... what things have you seen O.o ?

Finding God is not peaceful.
    Searching God isn`t peaceful.
    The thought that God exists is peaceful enough.
    Believe!

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks

I belife that God is exist.
    many of his power occur in this world (e.g. why baby can born alive?because the God power)

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

How do I imagine God??? It depends on how you are asking it. I imagine The Divine God as being a Sacred Energy that emanates in each and every individual's soul. The one as being omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowledgeable), and omnipresent (all present). God has no particular form (amorphous), but he descends to earth as an incarnation (or avatar). I will end it here.

Do I believe in God because of my religion? Nope. Religion is just the name that we humans have come up with to classify the beliefs of different cultures. I would believe in The Divine God even if the word religion didn't exist in the dictionary.

If I believe in God then do I also belive in Lucifer? Since I am not a Christian, I am not aware of the whole story of Lucifer. But, I do know a few things about Lucifer. So, I cannot really answer this question and I don't want to make a fool out of myself by answering something, which I have no concept of.

Have I ever read the Bible? Yep. As for being a Monk, I am required to study theology, which is the study of religions. So, I have read the Bible, but only partly. I will complete it soon though. But, I have read a lot of sacred books and scriptures of Hinduism and Buddhism, almost throughly.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast