View Poll Results: Do you belive in god?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

29 65.91%
  • No.

11 25.00%
  • Who or what is god O_o ?

4 9.09%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you belive in god?

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you belive in god?

Believing in God makes your life easier, but you lie to yourself constantly. I do not.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

god does exist and he always will ,and for you non belivers you better becareful with how you control your life

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie SamIam may be famous one day SamIam may be famous one day
    Thanks

chiefblackhammer:

"What is sad is even Darwin didn’t completely believe his own work so how can I, ... "

SamIam:

Well, working from the perspective of seeking truth, a degree of skeptical doubt or "disbelief" IMO is a healthy and laudable trait. In SM, a real danger (as you have noted) is the possibility of developing "absolutist" bias towards the scientific paradigm. ... far better to start
    with doubt - and thus fuel the process of SM to a rigorous and fully realized conclusion rather than with a bias for a view and skimp on the "proofs" ...

chiefblackhammer:

"there are also many items that science has confirmed about the Bible. Furthermore if science can only land me a in a time frame of give or take a few million….maybe billion years then I am sorry but they are flawed in their evaluation. Not to say that they aren’t close but if you look at the calculations that mathematicians not scientist used to come up with those numbers you know that if you change one part of the formula then there would be billions of years in difference and since they can’t prove these formulas to be correct or even carbon dating which many scientists believe to be flawed then by your own definition they don’t exist. Again I am not trying to provoke or anger you, just trying to get you to think a bit more and come back to me as I do think about your words and then offer my conclusions much like scientist do about their work."

SamIam:

I would like to think that an spokesman for SM
    would be that guy from the Verizon comercials ...

Can you hear me now? ... How about now ... good!

... and Now ... very good ......." hahahaha

... but seriously, the beauty of SM is that it seeks truth by method and discipline, and one of its major strengths is that it is "scalable" by intent and revisable by design ... and it has to be when you think about it (after all the designers and promoters of SM are human and fallible after all haha)

... and yes, I agree, we are no more accurate (well to be fair, we might be a little more accurate ) with weather predictions than our grandmother’s achy bones ... at least within certain contexts and scenarios.

Can you hear me now? ... How about now ... good!

... and Now ... very good .......and now ....."

Sam

Newbie Tivles of Light may be famous one day Tivles of Light may be famous one day Tivles of Light's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont believe in a god in a Xty, judaism or Islam sense...but one could exist and i think that there is something, fairies, some spirits, some being that cannot be explained by science that is existing in this world, but i do not believe its a god...

i dont know, there are many things i dont know, and since i cannot define myself what god is, i cannot believe in it. i am interested in buddhism and taoism anyway

so call me a loose agnostic if you will

Don't ever believe you dont deserve what you desire

<3 eternally TOL

Otaku MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS's Avatar
    In a world where I can't be hurt anymore....
    Thanks

Yes, absolutly I believe in God. In my life, without Him in it, I would not be alive. So, I firmly believe in Him. Besides, I kinda don't like the thought of being evolved from monkies (after the first time I watched the Wizard of Oz, they kinda creep me out )

Seriously though, without God, and without my faith in Him, I would not be alive, or be the person I am today (see my response in the thred about suicide for more info behind this.)

THANK YOU SASURAIHELL!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Freewill. The only way a god gets anything out of you is if you are choosing them of your own will. What do they get if they pull your strings like a puppet? Good or Bad freewill is freewill.
    Ah Free Will ... I have often thought on that (and gone through quite a bit of material on the subject) ... and yet, I have to wonder what exactly is "Free Will"?

It is much like the dilemna of a ranging variable in SM ... a small difference in definition can and will have major implications in the scope of a world view ... and in this case can mean the difference between true freedom or being the proverbial "puppet on a string" ... just "blissfully" ignorant of the fact.

So to recap, what exactly is "Free Will"?

Sam
    Last edited by SamIam; Dec 30, 2005 at 11:24 AM.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamIam
    Ah Free Will ... I have often thought on that (and gone through quite a bit of material on the subject) ... and yet, I have to wonder what exactly is "Free Will"?

It is much like the dilemna of a ranging variable in SM ... a small difference in definition can and will have major implications in the scope of a world view ... and in this case can mean the difference between true freedom or being the proverbial "puppet on a string" ... just "blissfully" ignorant of the fact.

So to recap, what exactly is "Free Will"?

Sam
    I like you more and more with each post, yes a very interesting subject. I tend to lean towards the ability to do as one wishes without a forceful intervention but I am very aware of the concept that what may seem to be the proverbial "free will" may just be a "god" controlling you on strings. I mean hey who knows maybe we are all living inside one of those devices in the matrix and the world, as we know it is just a program, lol. Or maybe there are many doors but only one that opens!

Either way a great thought provoking subject but sadly no way to be certain of the answers, that is why each has their own journey (regardless of whether we or someone else maps it out)

Thanks

chiefblackhammer:

" I tend to lean towards the ability to do as one wishes without a forceful intervention but I am very aware of the concept that what may seem to be the proverbial "free will" may just be a "god" controlling you on strings. I mean hey who knows maybe we are all living inside one of those devices in the matrix and the world, as we know it is just a program, lol. Or maybe there are many doors but only one that opens!

Either way a great thought provoking subject but sadly no way to be certain of the answers, that is why each has their own journey (regardless of whether we or someone else maps it out)"

SamIam:

True, sometimes the illusion of choice is all we have in any case...

... and as such, this underscores the sobering realization of the difference between the child and the adult ... which is manifested in the concept of choice. The child often sees desire and capacity as the limiting factors in choice in the form of "I want" or "I can" ... The adult perspective adds another dimension as in "I want", " I can", "should I?".

I suppose it is ironic, but often knowledge and experience tend to constrain action ... that as we age and grow with this knowledge/experience ...we consequently narrow the range of actions based upon an increasingly larger perspective of causal implication.

So, what happens with immortality and the capacity for knowledge to match ... what would the implications for this entity be?

Thus, following the above trend, action attributed to this entity would be inversely proportional to the knowledge and power it contains... and by extension ...

...a being of infinite knowledge and power would do absolutely nothing at all!

Such a scenario could possibly explain the lack of apparent divine intervention ...

... or not

Sam

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast