Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do you or do you not? Why?

May
    Newbie May may be famous one day May may be famous one day May's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    Just had questions I am itching to know the answer to from you guys.

-If you are someone who welcome newcomers to AO in the introductions section, why do you do it??

-Do you only welcome certain types of newcomers (males, females, ppl acting tough, ppl w/ good attitude, whoever's on top of the list, etc.)?

-If you are someone who does not welcome newcomers, then why won't you do it?

yeah this is a weird thread topic, but original isn't it?

Anyways, for me I welcome newcomers to AO randomly from time to time. I don't go there everyday but whenever I go I try to welcome everyone new.
    I do it whenever I feel like it...
    Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be.
    It takes twenty years of hard work to become an overnight success.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't... I did when I was a n00b at the old AO, but not now. Nope.

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    -If you are someone who welcome newcomers to AO in the introductions section, why do you do it??
    I welcome them to make them feel... welcomed!!! Yep! Yep!

-Do you only welcome certain types of newcomers (males, females, ppl acting tough, ppl w/ good attitude, whoever's on top of the list, etc.)?
    I welcome all of the newcomers' threads that has someone lastly posted in for the day (did that make any sense?). I also only welcome those who has only up to eight replies and only has one page. Why? I dunno.

Newbie oni1983 may be famous one day oni1983 may be famous one day oni1983's Avatar
    Thanks
    like pyoro-pyoro and others said i welcome noobies from time to time and if their posts' topic attract my eye...if it's a simple 'hello' or 'hi' i usually ignore it but if it is original it will earn my welcoming message :P
    Play if you dare. You have nothing to lose but your immortal soul.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Nightingale

I welcome all of the newcomers' threads that has someone lastly posted in for the day (did that make any sense?). I also only welcome those who has only up to eight replies and only has one page. Why? I dunno.
    yeah I do that too, just to make those folks feel like someone cares

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I used..... I went through a phrase on the previous board of welcoming pretty much every newcomer with Chibi Hikari-chan (my little animated gif welcoming party)
    But over time I just couldn't really think of something different to say to each new person... I wanted to make them fell welcome, but it became to feel a little inpersonal (since there were so many, and 99% of them never came back) so I guess I kind of stopped doing it.
    I rarely post in the intro forum anymore.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    I welcome the new people when I have time (which has been in short supply recently), and mainly aim for those who haven't had too many replies.... but i'm not very creative with my welcomes. It's usually just a simple:

Welcome to AO.net! Hope you have fun here!

But why I do it? Hmm, I'm not sure. I guess it's just a nice thing to do, after all, everyone likes to feel welcomed.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3