Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do You Know (when Naruto premieres on Toonami?)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Animenfo is a good site to look up basic information for a series...
    http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...px,naruto.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie shiro-baku may be famous one day shiro-baku may be famous one day shiro-baku's Avatar
    Thanks
    naruto on toonami isnt for tomorow
    they alredy have there hand full with full metal alchemist so

WAIT WAIT AND WAIT be pacient

Otaku agentdax5 may be famous one day agentdax5 may be famous one day agentdax5's Avatar
    Thanks
    see people this is why i hate soccer moms the complain their children and gonna see somebody on tv who throws a knife at some one and they think their kids will do that kids arent that stupid and if it wasnt edited it would be on Adult Swim dont for get to watch Adult Swim tonight

Newbie Anmras may be famous one day Anmras may be famous one day Anmras's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's true that Adult Swim would have done a better job editing, but a lot of the cartoons that Adult Swim translated have a HORRIBLE voice sound quality. There are benefits and costs to Naruto being translated by cartoon network, but I'm just thankful that more people will be able to see it, since it really is a great show and manga. It also might attract a larger fanbase because of the heavy editing suspected, like younger kids and even more childish teenagers.

Innerhell makes a good point to. If someone like WB kids got it, I would learn japanese just so I wouldn't have to watch the English version!
    ~Anmras~

Newbie poopsack2 may be famous one day poopsack2 may be famous one day poopsack2's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Mabey...

Mabey there is an inkling of unshattered hope that Naruto will not be as butchered and incredibley horrible as we think. I also think like Innerhell, what if translators of One Peice got it... and Danny, soccor moms aren't the only ones complaining granted they are complaining...but they are only trying to do what is best for there kids.

Peace....until I next write

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA...MUHAHAHAHAHA
    SAY ELLO TO MY LITLOLE FRIEN.....

bang bang bang bang bangbang bang bang

I bet money I know more about Naruto than you do

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmras
    Innerhell makes a good point to. If someone like WB kids got it, I would learn japanese just so I wouldn't have to watch the English version!
    why do that when you can just pick up the subbed version and just read the subtitles?

Quote Originally Posted by Anmras
    It's true that Adult Swim would have done a better job editing, but a lot of the cartoons that Adult Swim translated have a HORRIBLE voice sound quality.
    uhh...
    that's not entirely true because [Adult Swim]'s primary job is to feed us crappy somewhat-funny cartoons, Family Guy, Futurama, and anime
    [Adult Swim] doesn't do the dubbing or the editing for anime
    that's the job of the companies that own the rights of a certain anime
    FUNimation, Geneon/Pioneer, ADV, Miramax, Urban Vision, Viz and the dreaded 4Kids Entertainment are all examples
    they dub, they edit
    and [AS] distributes it all to the couch potatoes

IMO, Geneon and FUNimation does decent work
    Viz is in charge of InuYasha and now Naruto
    uhh... you be the judge on that
    everyone should know to fear 4Kids

anyway...
    the crappy somewhat-funny cartoons?
    Harvey Birdman, Aqua Teen, Sealab 2021, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Squidbillies, and the Brak Show
    (did I miss anything?)
    [Adult Swim]'s little partner in crime, William's Street are in charge for those monstrosities
    and I agree that the voice acting ain't that great
    (...it's still kinda funny tho...)
    ...Robot Chicken is the best...

[-_-]
    Last edited by Innerhell; Jun 14, 2005 at 05:44 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    Yes well, its really not the sound quality that can be bad in their translations. Its a bad phrase our comedic device they roughly translated that makes no sense out of context.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Otaku agentdax5 may be famous one day agentdax5 may be famous one day agentdax5's Avatar
    Thanks
    andrew soccer moms are the 1s who bitch the most

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast