Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you play?

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Do you play?

Meh, a few years back I was pretty good with a tenor saxophone. I'd still play it now if I could afford one, the one I had was lent to me through the school.

I was part of a school saxophone quartet. It was fun, took first place in a tourney for our performance of the Mission: Impossible theme.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Back in middleschool and highschool I played alto saxaphone. Hehe our band tried to play the Mission Impossible theme for the first year at high school and we couldn't do it. Our xylophone player couldn't keep up with the beat, so everytime we played, it the entire band would get thrown off, and it would end in one huge mess. However, I was also in the concert band, which was seperate from the grade bands, and the concert band was kickin.

I'm not in a real band or anything, but my friends and I all just get together and jam. Just doin covers of stuff just for the fun of it. Right now we've just been messing around with some songs by Jet, and System of A Down.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz
    Back in middleschool and highschool I played alto saxaphone. Hehe our band tried to play the Mission Impossible theme for the first year at high school and we couldn't do it. Our xylophone player couldn't keep up with the beat, so everytime we played, it the entire band would get thrown off, and it would end in one huge mess. However, I was also in the concert band, which was seperate from the grade bands, and the concert band was kickin.

I'm not in a real band or anything, but my friends and I all just get together and jam. Just doin covers of stuff just for the fun of it. Right now we've just been messing around with some songs by Jet, and System of A Down.
    Ah, well, I can imagine the M:I theme being difficult for an entire band. Luckily for us, it was just a sax quartet consisting of two altos, a tenor (me), and a baritone. It worked out pretty well. I was the lead most of the time, you'd be surprised how much of that song requires the tenor over the altos.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to play piano when I was a little kid
    now, I can't remember shit and I'm the only member in my family that doesn't play an instrument
    all of my cousins can play some sort of instrument
    either piano, flute, or something
    me? I'm too lazy to learn
    though I'd love to learn how to play guitar
    but... *sigh*... my laziness...
    -_-
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Ah, well, I can imagine the M:I theme being difficult for an entire band. Luckily for us, it was just a sax quartet consisting of two altos, a tenor (me), and a baritone. It worked out pretty well. I was the lead most of the time, you'd be surprised how much of that song requires the tenor over the altos.
    Jeez! I was surprised at how much every song has more tenor parts than altos. I felt ripped off when playing cuz tenors would always get the best sax bits. Of course, if their part was really cool I'd just skip the sheet music and play their part by ear.....my band teacher never really liked that though hehe.

Man, this thread made me pull out my old alto sax again. Haven't played it, let alone opened the case for like 5 years now. I also found the cd that my highschool band made back in grade 9, which also has M:I theme on it, as well as some other horribly played tunes hehe.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

well, to the thread qusetion, YES, yes i do , i play guitar and wonderfully i might add, im in a band with my freinds and we've played in shows out of town, everything fun and games right now, just tonight i was practising with them, we have a cd, and coming out with another around march. we're not a signed band but we make our own music and play covers. !!!

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell
    well, to the thread qusetion, YES, yes i do , i play guitar and wonderfully i might add, im in a band with my freinds and we've played in shows out of town, everything fun and games right now, just tonight i was practising with them, we have a cd, and coming out with another around march. we're not a signed band but we make our own music and play covers. !!!
    Hmm are you well known in where your from?

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm learning to play Guitar(more like teaching myself) But its from a book and a friend so its all good.....and He wants me to be part of a "Band" he wants to get together.....Wish me luck Guys!!! lol.....I'm a pretty quick learner tho....I already play a few songs...Justlil tunes and am gettin pretty damn good wih the chords and what not....

I am also still playin piano...in level 4 and still learnin.......
    Pretty sweet at piano.......

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast