Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you play a musical instrument?

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    hm....these are some cool progs you guys are talking about here. What do you suggest to someone who's starting out wanting to learn a bit more about mixing music on their comp?
    The program depends on the styleofmusicyou wish to create.. for the most flexability try Cubase SX or Logic (discontinued on PC stopped at version5) these programs are pro standards and carry the price tag too! there are few beginner pograms that are cheap and esily avalible. these programes require you to have a soundcard to record any audio and a decent midi bank too, so using a new sondcard will make all the diffeence to how your music will sound (unless you are usinglops).

Reason (as has been mentioned is a sequencer/Sampler)you programme in a melodiy orselect a sample/ceate your own and you can loop it or pitch shift, modulate lots of flexability, although is some what limitted to styles and genre... no classical compostions on this programe! well the choise is yours!

astowhat instrumenti play.. the Piano (Grade 4), keyboard (sysths), Kit (drums grade 8), jembe, tabla, Timpany, congas, bongos, All types of auxillary percusion (ie tambourine, maracas etc). (used to paly in the "isle of wight youth wind band" man a mouth full..) andfinnalyi have grade 1 singing.... so i am not tone deff at least!!

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I play guitar and bass and a little bit of drums - I use my voice as an instrument as well. I really would love to learn the violin and standing bass.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai's Avatar
    Thanks
    i play the piano but been a while since i last played it

Newbie angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam's Avatar
    on a distant planet where i am a humble storyteller. in reality, i live in a city. not telling which
    Thanks
    i don't play an instrument, my little brother plays the guitar, not really good at it, but he's taking lessons. quick question, does anyone know the name of a certain flute? it's a line of small pipes bound together, from longest to shortest.

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andiishere
    The program depends on the styleofmusicyou wish to create.. for the most flexability try Cubase SX or Logic (discontinued on PC stopped at version5) these programs are pro standards and carry the price tag too! there are few beginner pograms that are cheap and esily avalible. these programes require you to have a soundcard to record any audio and a decent midi bank too, so using a new sondcard will make all the diffeence to how your music will sound (unless you are usinglops).

Reason (as has been mentioned is a sequencer/Sampler)you programme in a melodiy orselect a sample/ceate your own and you can loop it or pitch shift, modulate lots of flexability, although is some what limitted to styles and genre... no classical compostions on this programe! well the choise is yours!

astowhat instrumenti play.. the Piano (Grade 4), keyboard (sysths), Kit (drums grade 8), jembe, tabla, Timpany, congas, bongos, All types of auxillary percusion (ie tambourine, maracas etc). (used to paly in the "isle of wight youth wind band" man a mouth full..) andfinnalyi have grade 1 singing.... so i am not tone deff at least!!

it seems alot of beginners seem to really like Fruity Loops...i've got it, but i never really used it very much. it's another program similar to Reason, but with the advantage of vsti (vsti's are emulators of hardware synthesizers, and are controlled via MIDI)...Cubase (or logic) are excellent programs, but are designed for professionals, and might scare off a beginner...Cakewalk has several music making programs, all varying in price and difficulty... but Fruity Loops is a good choice if you're just starting out

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by angelstarbeam
    quick question, does anyone know the name of a certain flute? it's a line of small pipes bound together, from longest to shortest.
    Do you mean "panpipes" by any chance??

I play the Violin, Piano, Flute and Piccolo!!! would lkke to play the Sax and Cello of double bass but they cost a lot money!!!

SaZxXx

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have just gotten an acoustic guitar, and plan on geting an electric guitar sometime in the future.

But obviously since I just got it I can't quite play it, haha. Not to mention it's a Christmas present and I'm not supposed to really know about it, haha.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I dabble on the piano, but really, really would love to learn the pan pipes. Can the voice be considered a musical instrument?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast