Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You see Graffiti as art or vandalism?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Do You see Graffiti as art or vandalism?

Just wondering. I'm a big fan of the griffiti style and have been for many years, and the fact that in most public places in urban areas (or anywhere for that matter) there is tagging over most buildings, bus stops, subway stations etc. and even though i do beleive it's wrong in some places (tagging on Churches, peoples homes & apartments is just wrong, you should see mine) but uh....yeah im just wondering what everyone take on the style is?

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    I belive that graffiti is art but the reason why most people hate graffiti is because it used to insult or causes property damage
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I believe graffiti is an art. I could care less that it marks up, and is illegal. I tag, and love the style. Combine the paint with what your mind can create, no doubt it will come out beautiful. I believe in graffiti art, not just tagging in a gang, etc. I truly hate the kids who do it just to represent, or for a gang, etc.

It can really become beautiful, and sometimes people paint over the best job someone took hours on, just because it's on some damn property the city owns.
    That's the part I hate, besides that, I love graffiti painting.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Depends on how many layers you use... I think of some graffiti as art, but most of it is just shit. At least the graffiti around here. (which is basically none.)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    If you spray where it is not allowed, it is vandalism pure and simple, no matter how many layers you use or how beautiful it is.

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    I see it as art. It tells a story..I think about what they were thinking when I see it on boxcars..like did they run or get caught and WTF GGMB means..
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Banned Kikinaki may be famous one day Kikinaki may be famous one day Kikinaki's Avatar
    Thanks
    It all depends where the graffiti is sprayed. Personally i love looking at graffiti, but some people really can't exercise the graffiti art and that ruines almost everything.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Some of it is art, other stuff like "Slugz" "Niggga","Happy" and stupid signatures written on mail boxes and snuff is stupid. But whatever. it's just a building...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast