Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do You see Graffiti as art or vandalism?

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    an art that express' feelings. although it is against the law, i like it, even though its not right
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    In the end, Graffiti is art until you're caught, then it's vandalism. EVERYTHING'S legal until you're caught.

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks
    I belive it really depends on the eye of the beholder, If its just words its vandalism but if its a excellent or semi decent pic of something appropriate or even inappropriate its art
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lord nikon
    Graffiti is art, no mather where it is painted.
    I like that @_@ ... I agree.

But I hate the fact that some people just scribble or make it messy, then it's just plain ugly.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Graffiti can really be ART in some reason..... click here
    But in some way, this can be really a threat to society....... click here

Here in Québec, Under a Highway, The city have pay some artist to make graffiti on the pillar. The Product was indeed some really piece of art. But a F**king bad ass have ruined those by posting a non-working web adress on them.

Don't really know why he or her have done this sh*t.
    Last edited by Ectoruss; Apr 13, 2005 at 01:52 AM.
    Coming soon.........

Otaku deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess's Avatar
    i came from a place no one has ever gone..
    Thanks
    Yeah,,, i also consider graffiti as an art but sometimes some of it is insulting.... anyway it depends to the person using it. ^_^

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Basically, if the person who is doing the spraying has the permission from the respective owners of the building or wherever they want to spray, then it is considered art like Arriana said, however if the person does not have the permission from the respective owner, no matter how beautiful or pretty to look at it is vandalism because the artist does not own the building or space where he puts his art. A painter, buys his paint and eisal(can't remember how its spelled) which is his, he can paint and do whatever the hell he wants to it, however unless the artist owns that train car or that company, then spraying on it is vandalism because it his not his property.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I look mat Graffti as Art. They are doing instalations of their work outside in the fresh air. But i do agree with that it is vandilism if not given permission to spray paint the walls. But they do is really cool!!!!!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast