Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which do you think is better? (child discipline)

Newbie Quincy Archer may be famous one day Quincy Archer may be famous one day Quincy Archer's Avatar
    Thanks

Which do you think is better? (child discipline)

Ok I was thinking what makes a kid turn out to be a sucess rather than a faliure. So I thought about is it the way the parents discpline thier kids. So now the question is " Is giving a child a time-out, more efficient to make them be a sucess or is giving them an "Old fashinoed Spankin" the true secret?".

Usually when you watch shows like Jenny Jones or Murray you see those out of control kids. When I see them I think to myself "they must have never got a good ass whoopin". So I'm supporting the spankin over the timeout.

I wanna thank Raijin at NarutoEx for this sig!!^_^

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Which do you think is better? (child discipline)

Yes a time out does nothing. Old fashinoed Spankin or a mouthful of soap is the true secret and only affective way. Ohh I just broke thst vase, ut oh im going to get a timeout. woah is me. XD

Otaku fatsobob may be famous one day fatsobob may be famous one day
    Thanks

My dad smacked the crap out of me for most of my life.
    I never had time out.
    Im glad my dad did it too.
    It molded me into someone who listens to you at all costs.
    I can still feel the giant belt hitting my back.

Thank you dad for disciplining me like a man.

I fear for the Time Out Kids.
    They dont know respect for anyone.

I have an evil little cousin and she has called the cops on her dad for no reason what so ever and claimed that he hit her.
    If she does it one more time, he could go to prison.
    She is the face of Pure Evil.
    I say take her to Catholic School, then the nuns can beat her legally.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Spare the Rod, spoil the child.

I belive in that, but just don't go over board.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't think there is a secret to bringing a kid up to be successful. In the end what the kid does and how he/she turns out is up to them. It's thier personality that decides, not how badly they were beaten.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I was spanked and slapped in the mouth as a kid. I don't think it made any difference either. I think I would've came out the same if I got a time out.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

If you really want a kid to learn the differance between if something is right or wrong you should do the bit where the parent says
    "I'm not angry, I'm just dissappointed....."
    that just feels so much wose than if they shouted at you...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Speaking as a parent, it depends on the kid.

I have found that time out is more effective on younger children though. They hate being alone. All children want is attention. Not giving to them forces them to think about why. Spanking usually just makes them mad or cry. No thought about why they're in trouble just what happened to them. It takes the attention away from what they did and puts it on what the parent did. Not really conductive to teaching, which in my opinion is what parenting is about.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast