Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which do you think is better? (child discipline)

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Which do you think is better? (child discipline)

I agree with Arrianna, it totally depends on the child.

and alas, there's no magical guide to parenthood where you follow every rule and you'll get immaculate kids.

I was only hit once as a kid. On the back of my legs with the good old Chinese spanking stick (the dusters back in the day). My parents never hit me again after that cuz apparently after getting hit I didn’t say a word. Didn’t cry or anything. And they were scared by that =P I personally don’t remember that ever happening...

Throwing me into a dark room (ie: bathroom) worked tho haha...I still remember THAT happening. I hated the dark as a kid and the damn light switch was on the outside of the door!

Personally, you gotta try different things and watch how the kid responds. Some things that work for one kid might actually do more harm than good on another.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

The last time I had a spankin' I was seven, and I lied and said I didn't take a bath. Since then, I never got another spankin' again.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

If the kid is deliberately doing something they know they shouldn't be doing and doing that something over and over again, ignoring you when you are trying to tell them what they did wrong and then they go run and do it again, then I would be one of the first to say that the kid needs a clean smack across the head. No kid should ever be >beaten< or >abused< in the real sense of the word. However, every once and awhile, like the example above, they need a good smack or two. Words just sometimes don't get through.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

and to throw a question your way =)

and what if he still does it after the smack? give him another one? and another? and another? when does it become abusive?
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm assuming angelan's question is towards me....

Hopefully the kid would understand that, hello, if I just got smacked I did something wrong and I shouldn't do it again. Abusive is an opinionated definition, ya know? You can be verbally abusive and physically, but everyone considers 'abusive' in different lights. For instance, a friend of mine freaked out when she found out a bunch of us approved of hitting a child if they did something wrong. Even when we told her it was just one smack, she said that she would never hit her children, whenever she has any. So for her, abusive would be one hit. Everyone is different.

Did I answer your question? I hope so .^_^.

Newbie Quincy Archer may be famous one day Quincy Archer may be famous one day Quincy Archer's Avatar
    Thanks

When I use to get spankings for do something wrong I never did them again because I never wanted another spanking. But if I knew I'd just get a time out, i'd probably be a little demon. It's like if you decide to sneak out and your parents are like time out or your grounded, what do you think is going to happen the next time if you try it again, nothing but a time out and grounded which wouldn't work because you'd just sneak away again. So I recommend spankings sometimes. But usually you should just speak to the child and tell them what they're doing is wrong and if they keep doing it, that's when its time to pull out the belt on that butt.
    Last edited by Quincy Archer; Jul 26, 2005 at 01:26 PM.

I wanna thank Raijin at NarutoEx for this sig!!^_^

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

To put it bluntly, some kids just need a good ass whoopin'

I'm all for it.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

*shrugs* I agree with the assessment that time outs work for younger kids, that's been my experience. I think loss of privileges is a good one though. Take away TV, computer, and games system and most kids smarten up pretty quick.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast