Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Bush's situation is fair?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think Bush's situation is fair?

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    You always know your stuff, Arrianna! Lol, a good life skill...knowing your factoids. I admire that ^^;;
    Teach me how to be as smart as you haha.
    Well....I married a computer/bussiness management major with an emphasis in accounting. Oh, and I had a few proffesors in college who was big on history, facts, and research. Guess I paid attention in class.

PS. Actually Social Security owed is considered part of the Deficit since it is "owed" in the form of trust funds/treasury bonds.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Iamcursed may be famous one day Iamcursed may be famous one day Iamcursed's Avatar
    Thanks

u should never leave chimpanzee's in office

he's a moron out to get a vendetta
    he even said hisself
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush
    he threated my father
    Every morning I wake being tortured by little furry people

My blood before me makes me open up my heart again {ZAnime}

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Care to actually give a reference with that quote or do you always take things out of context in order to put words in other peoples mouths?

<- tired of listening to people trash someone without actual facts.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    PS. Actually Social Security owed is considered part of the Deficit since it is "owed" in the form of trust funds/treasury bonds.
    From what I understand, the debit balence of the Social Security Trust Fund is credited interest at the same rate as long term Treasury bonds, but this is just a book keeping affair. There are no actual bonds held by the Treasury department for Social Security, and is debit is not considered a expenditure until the money actually has to be spent. Part of the reason why Social Security contribution were merged with the General Fund was the 'lessen' the apparent size of the federal deficit under the Regan Administration. Reagan also had some other 'Paper' accounts, by refusing to spend money set aside for airport and highway improvement. The money was there on paper, but by not spending it, the balance of the federal deficit would be reduced. (Lies, Damm Lies and Statistics...) It's no wonder that Social Security has the reputation in Washington as the 'Third Rail' of politics. Anyone who tries to touch it...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, the only thing I did was build a computer for her and get it on the internet. I taught her a bit of basic computing. Everything else is her. She'll ask me a few business/computer questions from time to time but she goes out and finds her fact on her own. I'm really proud of her.

Arrianna;

Actually, Iamcursed is correct. Bush did say that at a FUND RAISER where reporters were located. It was not his only reason for the war and it was said in an 'after the fact' manner to a room of mostly friends and all supporters. It was never listed as an offical reason for the war and should not be taken as such.

The rest of his statement though is his, and only his, oppinion.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    Actually, Iamcursed is correct. Bush did say that at a FUND RAISER where reporters were located. It was not his only reason for the war and it was said in an 'after the fact' manner to a room of mostly friends and all supporters. It was never listed as an offical reason for the war and should not be taken as such.
    Why was the poor lad banned from AO? I looked at all the threads started by him and he didn't appear to have done anything TOO drasting, heh...
    BTW I love your siggie! You Barronmores are the royal clan of coolness... (and multiplying in number, so it would seem)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBarronmore
    Well....I married a computer/bussiness management major with an emphasis in accounting. Oh, and I had a few proffesors in college who was big on history, facts, and research. Guess I paid attention in class.

this would make sense, deficit being "owed". Ahah ~ it's all a mass conspiracy. I hate having to go into the SSA federal building everytime my case needs review ~ they are pretty anal retentive. NO BS, if you look in the wrong glass window people swarm all over you. It's a nuthouse in there.
    Last edited by tasukuchan; Oct 27, 2005 at 02:17 PM.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Why was the poor lad banned from AO? I looked at all the threads started by him and he didn't appear to have done anything TOO drasting, heh...
    BTW I love your siggie! You Barronmores are the royal clan of coolness... (and multiplying in number, so it would seem)
    Who was banned from AO? I'm I resonding to a person who isn't even here anymore? I really need to keep up with the site more.

No, there's just the two of us. No more Barronmore's for a few more years at least, considering the youngest is much to young to participate in forum boards.

Thanks for the complements on the sigs....it's been a long time comming to find somthing that matches our online personalities.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    Arrianna;

The rest of his statement though is his, and only his, oppinion.
    I know. I also know that it was taken out of context. A pet peeve of mine as you know. lol

As for SS, I looked up 4 economic sites (all anti-Bush) on the deficit and they said that SS is factored into the National Debt/Deficit. If you can show me a reliable source that says otherwise I would be happy to see it. If you think how they figure the Trust Funds is confusing consider this. A % of the Deficit is money in government buildings. When figuring "Debt to Income Ratio" for everyone else your assets are balanced against your debts...but the Federal Government has no assets! When ever they purchase land or build something they write it off as a loss. It get better. When they loan money to another country it is considered written off as well. But if the same country gives the US money that money owed is added to the debt instead of canceling out the previous loan! As a result no matter how much money switches hands internationally the debt just continues to grow!

As a result I just keep an eye on the Debt to GDP and ignore the rest of the madness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast