Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Newtype is a bit expensive?

Newbie The Truth may be famous one day The Truth may be famous one day The Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you think Newtype is a bit expensive?

Hey peeps. Truth here. I was at a bookstore the other day and I nevered notice the price on Newtype magazine. The damn magazine was about 12 bucks...I was very shocked to learn about the price. I know the magazine is imported and it costs more but when you look at it Import Tuner is also an import and especially High Times which is based in Denmark. What do you think about this crazy price for this magazine and not to mention the 12 month subscribtion price. it's probably like over a $100

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think Newtype is a bit expensive?

I have to pay $25 newzealand to get that magazine. the subscription price is better than buying it every month beacause you are getting more mags for your buck. And don't forget it also comes with a dvd

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

it is becuse it os color and the pages are bigger. also it had a dvd with it

IM BACK

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a bit outrageous but you gotta understand scince its a new magazine(probably) they gotta probably get there feet off the ground (sorta speak) and also maybe the exchange rates with the diff. countries come into play. Theres alot of reasons for the price.These are manly ideas (keep in mind)

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Hey peeps. Truth here. I was at a bookstore the other day and I nevered notice the price on Newtype magazine. The damn magazine was about 12 bucks...I was very shocked to learn about the price. I know the magazine is imported and it costs more but when you look at it Import Tuner is also an import and especially High Times which is based in Denmark. What do you think about this crazy price for this magazine and not to mention the 12 month subscribtion price. it's probably like over a $100
    Actually, 12 bucks for such a big magazine that comes with color pages and a DVD is a damn good price. And the yearly subscription is only $80something.

And I was at the bookstore yesterday, too. You know what I bought? Newtype. Actually, I also bought the latest monthly of Anime Insider. When you compare the prices of the two, considering what they offer and what it takes to put them out, Newtype looks like even more of a bargin.

$12/Newtype gets you:
    Oversized magazine
    Glossy, color pages
    the latest anime/manga related information
    Manga insert
    Poster insert
    free DVD with (at least) 2 full episodes and more previews
    over 150 pages
    Acess to a magazine, translated to english, that was released same-month in Japan

Let's not complain here people.
    Last edited by LittleHobbit13; Mar 12, 2006 at 07:09 PM.

Newbie light ruler may be famous one day light ruler may be famous one day light ruler's Avatar
    Thanks

hell no!!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I do think it's expensive ... but for it's own reasons.
    And you don't have any wrestling pics today >.<

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

for what you get from the magazine its worth it. I don't get it anymore, i can read anime news and reviews through the net.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast