View Poll Results: Which is more prevailing?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mind (practicality, logic, rationality)

7 17.95%
  • Heart (emotions, feelings)

15 38.46%
  • Either, depends on the situation

20 51.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which do you think is stronger, the mind or the heart?

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Which do you think is stronger, the mind or the heart?

I'd really appreciate your opinions on this, so, which do you think is stronger/more powerful, the mind or the heart? And which do you think should dominate over the other?
    Take note, the heart would involve your emotions and feelings, while the mind would involve your practicality, logic and rationality.
    For me, it has always been the heart. I often feel that no matter how much my mind reasons with my heart, my heart never wavers from its stand - I have always been able to change what I think, but not what I feel. I keep perceiving this as the weakness of my mind, but I still remain uncertain whether this is truly the case. Perhaps, it also may be because the heart tends to be wilder and is unrestricted by any limitaions such as practical sense, unlike the mind, although, I believe the mind should still be in control.
    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by eleonne; Feb 23, 2005 at 05:50 AM.

May
    Newbie May may be famous one day May may be famous one day May's Avatar
    Thanks
    The heart....no doubt about it.
    Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be.
    It takes twenty years of hard work to become an overnight success.

Newbie Rella may be famous one day Rella may be famous one day Rella's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would also say the heart. I always follow my heart in everything I do. ^^;;
    It comes from the heart

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think you are missing an option and that is both.

We have minds for a reason, we need to use them. However the heart cannot be underestimated. Often things stored in our subconscious will speak to us through our hearts. We feel things. Someone can't be trusted, something's wrong, everything is ok, they're telling the truth, they're lying. Clues we don't realize we even see give us a grounding in reality. But we can be wrong. That is why we must reason as well. And when both the mind and the heart agree... that is the ideal.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I also think both because they both make me what i am.

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    People say that 'my heart tells me one thing, but my mind tells me another', in which case, the heart usually wins.... but that's only because the mind ends up in agreement with the heart.

I believe that we only take action when both our heart and mind are in harmony. When they conflict, we don't really tend to do anything... well I don't anyway. So I suppose you could say that the heart is stronger, but it can't do anything without the approval of the mind. But both are really the same thing anyway.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally....if it came down to choosing one of the two..which i think this thread is implying..i would have to go with my heart...feelings are what affects the mind....and in that sense..the heart is sorta like a boss and commands things to be done..though the mind has its own feelings and can disagree with what the heart says, either because of the main reason which happens to be scared or ignorrance...though the heart acts on impulse...usually the heart is right in my situations

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    the mind is stronger because thats where you think. your heart cant tell you anything, its a matter of fact. your mind is the one that contains your consience not your heart, because in order to listen you your consience you gotta listen to your mind. believe me the heart has nothing to do with it, thats just a metaphor. i know what im saying is obvious but im sick of people saying that god is in your heart and the devil is in your mind. lets say i decide to donate 40, 000 dollars to the orphanage, thats something i decided in my mind, and i dont think satan would have told me to do that, if there is a satan, i dont know what to believe anymore.
    Last edited by sanguinary_wonderland; Feb 24, 2005 at 06:49 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast