View Poll Results: Which is more prevailing?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mind (practicality, logic, rationality)

7 17.95%
  • Heart (emotions, feelings)

15 38.46%
  • Either, depends on the situation

20 51.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which do you think is stronger, the mind or the heart?

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    *shakes head in dismay* In the first place, the emotions that we conceptualize to "come from the heart", do not come from the "heart" itself... Our emotions entirely come from the mind... The hypothalamus of our brains, to name... Obviously, the mind controls the heart since it is solely what discerns our emotions... What you think is what you feel, so what you think that you feel is what you really think...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Honestly, it depends on the person, and what type of person that they are, and what type of life they lived.

Me, Its most likely the heart.

Newbie berryhot may be famous one day berryhot may be famous one day berryhot's Avatar
    Thanks
    I choose both because sometimes the heart can make you choose the wrong thing (think ppl who choose to stay with an abusive partner because they love them) I mean over all I usually go with my heart too.... but only after debating the issue in my head

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguinary_wonderland
    the mind is stronger because thats where you think. your heart cant tell you anything, its a matter of fact. your mind is the one that contains your consience not your heart, because in order to listen you your consience you gotta listen to your mind. believe me the heart has nothing to do with it, thats just a metaphor.
    Yeah it is a metaphor but it sure beats listening to your liver which is what people used to believe was the location of emotions
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguinary_wonderland
    i know what im saying is obvious but im sick of people saying that god is in your heart and the devil is in your mind. lets say i decide to donate 40, 000 dollars to the orphanage, thats something i decided in my mind, and i dont think satan would have told me to do that, if there is a satan, i dont know what to believe anymore.
    Really? I've always been told the advisary uses whichever one will be effective with that person. That's why listening to both is so important. One or the other can be decieved at a give time but decieveing both at the same time...... I can understand why you would be confused, I would be too.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

if BS ever had a face it was this guys soopermuse may be famous one day soopermuse may be famous one day soopermuse's Avatar
    Thanks
    well the mind and the heart/soul both are apart of your will your heart can overpower the mind and vice versa but they work together to make will

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    i put either..
    But it think the mind should be overall... logic over fantasy deary >_<
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie silverayne may be famous one day silverayne may be famous one day silverayne's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe that it depends. It depends on the situation and the person.......

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    i put either..
    logic over fantasy deary >_<
    Haha... Very well said jaderabbit-kun! It's a fact in itself... Indeed, I agree greatly... The heart is just for overly optimistic people that rely to much on human will... It's really very disappointing that most would choose the heart over the mind... The reality is that we control ourselves and our lives through what we think... Our actions depend upon what our mind processes... So why the need to rbase oursleves on the weakness of the heart? Very "disheartening", the answers of some...
    Last edited by zeine; Feb 25, 2005 at 07:02 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast