View Poll Results: Which is more prevailing?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mind (practicality, logic, rationality)

7 17.95%
  • Heart (emotions, feelings)

15 38.46%
  • Either, depends on the situation

20 51.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which do you think is stronger, the mind or the heart?

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well if you want to get into the technical aspects of it then the heart is stronger, since without the heart then the mind would die, but then agian without the mind the heart would stop beating.

Metaphorically however, i think the heart is stronger. The mind makes the decision that is true, but the heart affects those decisions greater then anything in the world. You can choose to ignore those feelings the heart gives you, but in the end the heart will win over the minds decision.

Something to think about; ever notice how weak the mind gets when the heart is sending you a particularly strong feeling, like when a really cute girl (or guy) talks to you and all you can say is "guh yes! Toast! Good... I like pie"

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Newbie PuNkRoCkAzN may be famous one day PuNkRoCkAzN may be famous one day PuNkRoCkAzN's Avatar
    Thanks
    What i think is more powerful is our heart... its the feelings..

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would have to say both. Our emotions guide our actions most of the time. I feel with my heart and my emotions, but emotions alone can't do much, so our emotions guide our bodies to react and feel a certain way depending on a certain situation.

I don't know if I expressed myself clearly...but it's my point of view.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's both. But i'd have to say mind is stronger of the two....because what it always ends up boiling down to is...that your mind can either be your best friend....or your worst enemy.
    Last edited by narrator; Feb 26, 2005 at 01:38 AM.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    scientifically the mind is the most powerful thing we have, but on more moral and emotional terms, the heart is superior. But when you think about it, the emotion and "heart" is truly taking place in the mind, so I believe the mind functions as both.

The mind rules, but we also think of the mind as the heart. That sorta makes sense right?

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguinary_wonderland
    the mind is stronger because thats where you think. your heart cant tell you anything, its a matter of fact. your mind is the one that contains your consience not your heart, because in order to listen you your consience you gotta listen to your mind. believe me the heart has nothing to do with it, thats just a metaphor.
    Our conscience does, in fact, lie in our minds as well as our thinking and judgment, but emotions also play a big role in our way of thinking, sometimes affecting our judgment drastically.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeine
    The heart is just for overly optimistic people that rely to much on human will... It's really very disappointing that most would choose the heart over the mind... The reality is that we control ourselves and our lives through what we think... Our actions depend upon what our mind processes... So why the need to rbase oursleves on the weakness of the heart? Very "disheartening", the answers of some...
    It’s not really a matter of choosing the heart over the mind; it’s more like some people are just more emotionally inclined than others, and we have to take that into consideration. It’s not being overly optimistic, more often, it’s the nature of that particular person being different from other people’s individual nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrastar
    I would have to say both. Our emotions guide our actions most of the time. I feel with my heart and my emotions, but emotions alone can't do much, so our emotions guide our bodies to react and feel a certain way depending on a certain situation.

I don't know if I expressed myself clearly...but it's my point of view.
    I have to agree with you there. Emotions are the very ones that drive us into thinking and doing what we’re thinking and doing right now, without them, we won’t be driven into doing anything. Without them, we won’t be able to dream or simply have fun, and if we can’t do those things, our mind’s purpose would be void. So, without emotions or feelings, there would be nothing to drive us forward – that’s the power of the heart (metaphorically). Although, we can't deny the fact that we DO think through our minds and it also has it's own power. Our body is controlled by our mind, but our mind, in most instances, is driven by our emotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    scientifically the mind is the most powerful thing we have, but on more moral and emotional terms, the heart is superior. But when you think about it, the emotion and "heart" is truly taking place in the mind, so I believe the mind functions as both.

The mind rules, but we also think of the mind as the heart. That sorta makes sense right?
    Yup, scientifically speaking, emotions and thoughts are contained in our brains, but metaphorically, we pertain to our emotions as voices of the hearts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice
    Metaphorically however, i think the heart is stronger. The mind makes the decision that is true, but the heart affects those decisions greater then anything in the world. You can choose to ignore those feelings the heart gives you, but in the end the heart will win over the minds decision.
    That's exactly how I feel, honestly!
    Last edited by eleonne; Feb 28, 2005 at 03:39 AM.

Newbie ShadowPrincess may be famous one day ShadowPrincess may be famous one day ShadowPrincess's Avatar
    Thanks
    I beleive it depends upon the situation. There are times the heart rules, and times the mind does as well...

Newbie kogie may be famous one day kogie may be famous one day kogie's Avatar
    Thanks
    i would have to say eather one it rezlly dose depend onthe thing that is happening

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast