View Poll Results: Which is more prevailing?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mind (practicality, logic, rationality)

7 17.95%
  • Heart (emotions, feelings)

15 38.46%
  • Either, depends on the situation

20 51.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which do you think is stronger, the mind or the heart?

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks
    I voted mind.....You should hear the song Best way to travel you'll realize why.

Newbie On Angel Wings may be famous one day On Angel Wings may be famous one day On Angel Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    The sense in which we here speak of the heart are in those of first most emotions, and as such are much controlled by our bodys in general rather then our minds. But as mentioned by others, emotions are also a state of the mind, and of the body and can as of such be determined by thought or experience where the mind is the catalyst to spring through emotion or desires, stated by our heart which can in a sense be seen as a path to the subconcious where a maybe "true" self can found.

But with out the relfection of the body, a mind is nothing more then logic, and cold though. As such is the state of the heart can be seen as instinct - affliction for another, emotion and reaction with out pondering thought.

Then the question brings in; which is the stronger?

For humans this might be found in our selfs, as personallity.The set of the "true" self, a revelation is of a clear mind and a clear heart. But this is something that one need to seek for oneself, by belife in ones heart and admist the thoughts. A human stands in the middle - instinctes, emotion, desire, belife - thought, reson, logic, determination

But by looking at nature you can se how the heart is the ruler, stating the path of the mind...

---

So by now this should sound like preching... Well, by thinking of the clarity in mind by 01:25 in the morning, not to mention that my eyes keep going out of focus you'll have to see it by your self if ther's anything sensible in there... I think so, but no that clear on that part.^^
    Fixed the crappy quality of the avatar, now look and enjoy!

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    I think one can't go without the other. For somes reason, I belive that the mind is run by the heart and the heart powered by the mind. call me crasy if you want, but I still belive it..
    Coming soon.........

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Both are very strong and I am in a constant conflict between the two. I think it really varies according to the situation, sometimes my mind wins, sometimes my hearts wins. Its really which one that can take the most pain at the time I think. Sometimes neither one wins, and that my friends sucks.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    The heart is really more in metaphorical terms as stated earlier, which metaphorically speaking probaly is the strongest part of you. and then, there's the scientific reality terms that the mind controls everything in your body, including that little muscle pumping your blood around.

Like we all said, the terms you're speaking of, and the situation, decides.

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    We can control how we think, but we can't control how we feel. So for that I must vote for the heart.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks
    The difference is between the heart and the mind is that one is chemical and one is electrical, a mixture is you.

Most people would say that they are incapable of murder or rape, but the fact is and history has proven this, both men and woman are capable of murder and rape.

If you would look at a person who is enraged you would be scared even if they are your friends this is becouse instinctively we know when someone is full of rage and adrenaline they are capable of anything, even to hurt the ones you love.

A mixture is your personality, a person can plan murder by the mind and commit murder with the heart.

Humans are unique as a species, we will volunterally kill our selfs for our believes(mind and heart) by starving ourselfs do death or setting ourselfs on fire, and we will trek hundreds of miles for the one we love. we created life with both our hearts and our minds. we can effect so much with both one and the other. The resistor has revolutionised our world in which is the product of the mind, and so was the nuclear bomb.

Newbie E=mc² may be famous one day E=mc² may be famous one day
    Thanks
    The brain can control the heart. The heart need the 2 lungs to function. You can command your brain to stop breathing wich result a slower blood pumping.

Nothing can replace the brain but today we can replace the heart with an artificial pump thanks to today's technology.

No brain = no emotion
    No mind = You dont care
    Its brain or nothing.
    Last edited by E=mc²; Mar 14, 2005 at 04:13 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast