View Poll Results: Which is more prevailing?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mind (practicality, logic, rationality)

7 17.95%
  • Heart (emotions, feelings)

15 38.46%
  • Either, depends on the situation

20 51.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Which do you think is stronger, the mind or the heart?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe the question was "the mind or the heart" not the brain. As in are you ruled by logic or emotion?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie E=mc² may be famous one day E=mc² may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I realy dont undestand why peoples call (Heart) when it comes to emotion. For me the heart is the 3rd most important organism.

Unfortunaly, i dont feel sadness when someone die or something terrible happened. I rarely feel sad, i never cry. Im a very neutral person.

Crying never solve your problems.
    Mind do.
    Last edited by E=mc²; Mar 14, 2005 at 07:05 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by E=mc²
    I realy dont undestand why peoples call (Heart) when it comes to emotion. For me the heart is the 3rd most important organism.

Unfortunaly, i dont feel sadness when someone die or something terrible happened. I rarely feel sad, i never cry. Im a very neutral person.

Crying never solve your problems.
    Mind do.
    you know what that means?? that means you don't have a heart...and I am not talking about the emotion one, I mean the actually organ that pumps bloods throughout your body

you see, emotions are triggered chemicals within your body, so if you are not crying or don't feel terrible, then your tear ducts are malfunctioning, and your body is not creating the necessary body chemicals

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie E=mc² may be famous one day E=mc² may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yes, but i force my self to refuse to cry by thinking of something else.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    you know what that means?? that means you don't have a heart...and I am not talking about the emotion one, I mean the actually organ that pumps bloods throughout your body

you see, emotions are triggered chemicals within your body, so if you are not crying or don't feel terrible, then your tear ducts are malfunctioning, and your body is not creating the necessary body chemicals
    that's not totally true....other than psychological or simple physical blockages when transmitting certain signals from/to your brain...there is the simple fact that....people are just different.
    Some people because of past experiences don't react the same way as others. (bawling your eyes out vs. no reaction)
    Some....learn to accept certain things that others find horrible to face.
    Some just don't see the big deal out of certain things....

I think I'm personally weird this way since sometimes I can break out in tears for the smallest of things (more so if things have been building up)....but can't cry when I feel horrible over something big. It's just how we are....don't start trying to insinuate that it's a "malfunction" just cuz people react differently.

Personally at the point in my life I think my mind is still stronger than my (emotional) heart. If the issue is important enough, I do find myself going towards the logical answer rather than the one I want to follow in my "heart". I maybe haven't found that person or event that has changed that yet.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie Inuyashafan101 may be famous one day Inuyashafan101 may be famous one day Inuyashafan101's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    Honestly, it depends on the person, and what type of person that they are, and what type of life they lived.

Me, Its most likely the heart.
    I agree!!!!!!!!
    ANIME ROCKS

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks
    All though emotion is generated, felt by the mind... not the heart, curious to know why the feeling is in the heart though, chemical reaction, the heart releseases / senses ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5