Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the us...

Otaku paultjuh may be famous one day paultjuh may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i hope for u guys not, if so:
    come and live here in holland the download of stuf is legal but the upload is illegal
    Last edited by paultjuh; Oct 30, 2004 at 01:18 PM.

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    This has already passed in the UK, there are certain sites (MSN, music club of Wanadoo, Virgin) that you can pay sums of money for amounts of tune or pay for each mp3 you download.

This is frustrating for me, I refuse to get another P2P untill I've got virus protection so it's harder to get music now, just to hear it. Usually if I like something I go out and buy the cd anyway but I like to try things first. So in the end they are just making less money from me because I will just buy less music.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    THere is no way the senate can bann downloading music, its just impossible. No matter how many sites they bann a new one will always come up. The senate would just be wasting money trying to ban downloading music.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragn0r0x
    THere is no way the senate can bann downloading music, its just impossible. No matter how many sites they bann a new one will always come up. The senate would just be wasting money trying to ban downloading music.
    yep. its pretty much impossible, but im sure they'll try RCAA thing was just another attempt. unless they get the entire world to agree to the same legislation however, there will always be a country chill wit it ready to offer up any programs/music/movies we could ever want.

The end is important in all things.

Otaku paultjuh may be famous one day paultjuh may be famous one day
    Thanks
    and if else we always have bittorent, mirc etc.
    they can't stop us! MWhAhAHahahaa

Newbie durandal may be famous one day durandal may be famous one day durandal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Since the induce act hasnt gone through, the senate nor the recording industry will never be able to shut down p2p, and so they will never be able to stop illegal filesharing. p2p will always have the (entirely valid) defense that it is simply a tool for sharing files, and that it is simply its users that misuse it - the beta tape call by the SC gives them precidence (sp?) for this.

all the recording industry needs to do is restructure, and if they dont want to then screw em': they're all just a business, and if they dont want to change to cope with a change in their market, then they can go under from it till they learn

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the Govt will try forever, but there will always be people who will find ways to float around the system to pirate music and once that program goes down another one will pop up. I think it's an endless cycle and for the government, a war that cant be won, only controlled to a certain extent.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    You know what else i was thinking about.. the music industry keeps claiming that they're losing a ton of money over this file sharing thing, but from the looks of everything on tv and the way artists keep popping up, plenty of people are still making ridiculous amounts of cash. it doesn't seem to me like many artists are becoming bankrupt, the money is still coming in from cd's. and if the problem is then solely for the industry and not the artist, than maybe the industry was making way too f*cking much to begin with and this is just a method to level the field some.

The end is important in all things.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast