Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the us...

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    This quote had to of been made by a idiot Hippy. In which...all hippies should be shot.
    Not to change the direction of this thread (unless of course you all feel like it, that is), but does anybody else find it fascinating that a statement about the transcending beauty of art is met with violent opposition and blind fanaticism against those with a different viewpoint? Perhaps its just me, but i think its strange. Take a look at "Seshoumaru's book of life" in the journal section if you feel like commenting on this without disrupting the current thread. I thought he had some interesting things to say.

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    It dosent madder you wanna stop ppl from doing something you take it completly away from the world in other words

WE WILL FIND A WAY AROUND THE RULES WOOT WOOT

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    They can ban it, but can they really inforce it? I mean seriously the internet is to big and powerful to control let alone regulate. They can try and most likely fail.

Newbie cyberdoll may be famous one day cyberdoll may be famous one day cyberdoll's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't see what the big deal about this is. Yes, I have been known to download music, but if I couldn't I'd just buy it. I mean come on, if you like it enough to spend the time and frustration looking for it on [insert fav P2P client here] then you shouldn't have a problem spending the $13 or so to buy it.

Newbie EverQuestJunky may be famous one day EverQuestJunky may be famous one day
    Thanks
    From the words of those who instructed me, when I was just entering the world of IT... No matter how much security you put on a server, there will always be someone out their to find a exploit and work around it.... This is why you must always keep on top of things and not expect to have a perfect fort.... Of course they will always try to stop it, but since people will always find a work around, they will always be trying, they will never completely defeat those out there who are determined enough and have the skill.

Newbie durandal may be famous one day durandal may be famous one day durandal's Avatar
    Thanks
    i download a fair amount of anime and manga, however, when i can, i also buy it. Ashi, KenX, why do you guys seem so pissed at those who do download music and the likes?

Newbie Ashi may be famous one day Ashi may be famous one day Ashi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not to change the direction of this thread (unless of course you all feel like it, that is), but does anybody else find it fascinating that a statement about the transcending beauty of art is met with violent opposition and blind fanaticism against those with a different viewpoint?
    Oh, you would just LOVE it if he wasn't joking I'm sure. Otherwise that cute little monologue would have been more than just finger excercise.

"You do not place prices on art
    and peices of literature, paintings on a canvas, pastels on paper
    they all represent art
    art is a joy within that should never be labeled"
    Be thankful those prices and labels are there, because it's them that makes creating music and writing books even remotely plausible as an occupation. If it wasn't, don't count on a great deal of what you listen to or read to exist. Most artists out there don't do it for their health.
    Last edited by Ashi; Nov 07, 2004 at 11:42 PM.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I'm going to side with KenX and Ashi on this one. You want music? That's what money is for.

Regardless of how you rationalize it, downloading music off the internet is nothing but stealing. It's not sharing, nor is it 'borrowing-without-any-intention-of-returning', it's not lending, either. It's stealing...

And remember...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast