Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

Newbie Logasm may be famous one day Logasm may be famous one day Logasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there

Those of you that go on about "well, we're there to long, we need to pack up and leave" what makes you think that we are ever going to fully leave? We still have military bases in Japan and Germany and have since WWII. OK.

And to those of you who go on and on about how it wasn't our problem because it wasn't out country. Your are stupid asses. Morality is rarely logial, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. If we followed the course of logic throughout history, then why did the whites ever stop enslaving the blacks? "We're not black, so why should we care." Or else why did the laws ever change to allow women the right to vote. "We're not female, why should we change anything?" These are the kinds of arguments you are putting up. I could make a list of historical reasons why that argument is stupid. So I hear you say "Why should we help the Iraqi's, it's not our problem." What I hear is "I'm a self centered little bastard who doesn't care what's going on in the world as long as I can live comfortably."

And then there's the news media, who can go on all day long about Bush stealing oil from the Iraqi's, and then in practically the next report, blast him again for the oil shortage in the United States. I'm not saying that stealing (if cutting deals with the Iraqi's can be called stealing) is right. Just pointing out the insanity of the accusations.
    Sit vis pacem para bellum
    If you want peace, prepare for war

Otaku frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury's Avatar
    Kansas (no, I do not know what happened to Dorothy and Toto)
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

No. The war is wrong in the first place. Since we are being led into it by the village idiot, we don't really have much of a choice to get out of it. What, with the rest of the idiots who back him. However, since we're already there, leaving would probably cause what weak government they have now to crumble into anarchy. Once they have a good foothold within the area, and only then should we move out since anarchy isn't good for anyone, and those seeking anarchy are idiots.
    En la tierra de los ciegos, el torto es rey.

In the end, Darwin is right. The strongest do survive.
    Hail Malthus!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

Sweet, were right back to the old bush bashing.

To all you bush bashers out there: You run for president and see what you can do, morons!

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury's Avatar
    Kansas (no, I do not know what happened to Dorothy and Toto)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    Sweet, were right back to the old bush bashing.

To all you bush bashers out there: You run for president and see what you can do, morons!
    Yeah, I'll get right on that in three decades. First I gotta start drinkin' every day and do some drugs. Then use daddy's money to start and run into the ground several oil companies.
    En la tierra de los ciegos, el torto es rey.

In the end, Darwin is right. The strongest do survive.
    Hail Malthus!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't forget to join the guard.

Newbie Logasm may be famous one day Logasm may be famous one day Logasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there

Quote Originally Posted by frozen_mercury
    No. The war is wrong in the first place. Since we are being led into it by the village idiot, we don't really have much of a choice to get out of it. What, with the rest of the idiots who back him. However, since we're already there, leaving would probably cause what weak government they have now to crumble into anarchy. Once they have a good foothold within the area, and only then should we move out since anarchy isn't good for anyone, and those seeking anarchy are idiots.
    Your absolutely right, a horribly oppressive tyranny is much better than U.S. occupation of a country. How inconsiderate of us. Maybe we should all consult you next time to decide what is moraly right since your obviously so full of virtue and good will to your fellow man.
    Sit vis pacem para bellum
    If you want peace, prepare for war

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyuuga13
    i want to know your opinions about the war and is it right or wrong? du u think we should have gone there at all? is president bush doing the right thing? and did he use propaganda to get us to go to war?
    yes we should be there, for the following reasons

a. who do think trained them
    b. who do think sold them the weapons
    c. who do think ensured polictical instabilty

it our mess..and yes we should clean it up.

this theory unfortunately applies to awful lot of countries in that area.
    the things we have done to ensure oil production etc.
    sad but true
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Thanks

Yaah, for moral obligation.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast