Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

Newbie dgs_vex may be famous one day dgs_vex may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there

join the navy. other than that, all i have to say is that you dont get taxed when your over in the persian gulf. plus our life insurance is amazing 400k(depends if you change it) for $16/m and it covers drowning!

oh yeah, propaganda. americans are really ignorant people. they only think negative thoughts. think of one thing you saw on news today that actually progresses mankind? other than firefox update1.5.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

i don't think the war is right at all , i mean i think bush is doin something stupid like tryin to get the oil over there

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

I do think the war is right but i dont think the war is wrong eather wat bush did was wrong but it need to be done somtime or alata
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Newbie Vault 35 may be famous one day Vault 35 may be famous one day
    Thanks

The invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do. Our fighting men and women are slaughtering terrorists there. They are also liberating the innocent. I believe a majority of our military men and women believe they are doing the right thing. A great majority of our combat hardened military people will survive this conflict. Some of these battle hardened veterans will stay in the military to train the next generation of warriors. Some will return to the U.S. and contribute other good things to our nation. Some of them will run for office. Some of them will become CEOs. Some of them may become movie directors, school teachers, university professors, doctors, or lawyers.

That scares the hell out of the left because they cannot through their lies convince the American people that Iraq is Vietnam. Iraq is not Vietnam. The left wants a draft because they believe they can launch a more effective anti-war movement off of a draft.

All of our military men and women are volunteers and reinlistment is high. Our soldiers are adults, not children. Good for them if they get thousands of dollars in bonus money if they reinlist. The left seems to have a problem with this. We should pay the soldiers even more for a job well done. And yes, they are doing a good job in Iraq. The news media just doesn't want to talk about it because they are all leftists. They are just bitter because their guys aren't in charge any more...

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vault 35
    The invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do. Our fighting men and women are slaughtering terrorists there. They are also liberating the innocent. I believe a majority of our military men and women believe they are doing the right thing. A great majority of our combat hardened military people will survive this conflict. Some of these battle hardened veterans will stay in the military to train the next generation of warriors. Some will return to the U.S. and contribute other good things to our nation. Some of them will run for office. Some of them will become CEOs. Some of them may become movie directors, school teachers, university professors, doctors, or lawyers.

That scares the hell out of the left because they cannot through their lies convince the American people that Iraq is Vietnam. Iraq is not Vietnam. The left wants a draft because they believe they can launch a more effective anti-war movement off of a draft.

All of our military men and women are volunteers and reinlistment is high. Our soldiers are adults, not children. Good for them if they get thousands of dollars in bonus money if they reinlist. The left seems to have a problem with this. We should pay the soldiers even more for a job well done. And yes, they are doing a good job in Iraq. The news media just doesn't want to talk about it because they are all leftists. They are just bitter because their guys aren't in charge any more...

You have got to be kidding me.

First off......a civilized army shouldn't be 'slaughtering' terrorists, even if they are terrorists. Secondly, the amount of collateral damage in Iraq is extremely high, because the one thing the American army is not, is efficient. Sure it has manpower, but it doesn't make it efficient.

When forces entered the city of Fallajuh after the uprising after the war, the majority of dead bodies that they found were of innocent civilians who had been killed by high-power sniper rifles. This was men/women/children and anything else that happened to be out in the open. Sure, some of them were most likely pro-Saddam troops, but the majority were simply bystanders.

When the bombing (Shock and Awe) of Iraq started, and they showed clips of the cities being bombed, do you think it was mostly terrorists they were killing? They were BOMBING urban centers to kill a relatively few number of people. Every time one of those bombs went off, it was civilians being killed. The amount of civilians killed in Iraq through collateral damage is over 20K. And that's REPORTED killed. There's probably waay more unaccounted for.

So to say that US Forces are slaughtering terrorists is an absolute absurdity. They are slaughtering innocent civilians, while catching relatively few terrorists in ratio to civilians killed.

And to call the forces over there "terrorists" is misappropriate. The guys that slammed the jets into the World Trade Centers were terrorists. The guys fighting US Forces in Iraq are not terrorists, they are a resistance force. The guys that blow up the mosques, those are terrorists. But when the two sides meet together and fire bullets at each other, it is fighting a resistance force, and the term 'terrorist' should not apply.

I have no clue how you can suddenly turn it into 'well our troops are coming home, and they'll be doctors and lawyers and whatnot.' They could be doctors, lawyers, and actors WITHOUT joining the military and fighting in Iraq.
    What WILL be coming back is a bunch of soldiers suffering from post-traumatic-stress disorder, which will severaly limit what future jobs they could take.

While I don't support the war in Iraq, I do support the troops. Not in the 'go out and slaughter terrorists' way, but return home safe way.

However, YES, America has an obligation to sit this one through, whether the war was justified or not. That doesn't matter now, and it's too late for trying to clean up past mistakes. America caused this mess, and now it has to make sure that it leaves the country intact before it can pull out.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Newbie preston drake may be famous one day preston drake may be famous one day preston drake's Avatar
    Thanks

quick and simple...no and no....
    thanx bloodhawk!

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Man whats with all this war talk. I think that the war in Iraq was something that needed to be done but not for the reasons they gave. Iraq never had weapons of mass destrution and everybody knew it. We just wanted to get Sadam out of power and liberate Iraq. And what good did it do as soon as the US does it Iraqis are burning USA flags and killing soldiers for no reason. They were probably better off with Sadam in power now everyone is just going to fight and destroy each other. Were as before they all hated Sadam and didn't have time to think about anything else. I hope the Iraqi people can start living peacefull lives but they need to show a little more respect for the people who gave them the oppurtunity to live them. Wether the US had the right or not they still got rid of a tyrant but I guess thats not enough to get some reconintion.

Newbie Vault 35 may be famous one day Vault 35 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Keep talking. Keep blaming America. Say it again and again. The more you guys keep saying this, the more elections you will lose. Just look at the last few elections.

Collateral damage in Iraq is Saddam Hussein's fault for not doing what the hell we told him to do.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast