Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    So before I show my point of view I have to ask?

1) What is the full reason the USA invaded Iraq for?

There were actually 3 reasons given for the invasion of Iraq:
    1) WMD's. Weapons thay had refused to prove that they had dispossed of, tried to rebuilt, and nuclear weapons that Saddam had been seeking to build since before the first Gulf War.

2) Iraqi support of terrorism. There were terrorist training camps in Iraq, Iraq was known to have paid money to the families of suicide bombers, and members of Al Quida had taken refuge in Iraq when they ran away from Afaganistan.

3) Inhuman treatment of the Iraqi people by the government, more specifically Saddam and his two sons. Experimentation of chemical weapons on its own citizens killing over 20,000 men, women, and children, the decapitation of any who questioned the government of Iraq including school teachers, the systematic rape of wives and mothers of political opponents, prisoners forced to watch their own children being tortured, and men dropped into industrial shreaders to execute them.

If you wish to read the most often misquoted speach by President Bush on it the link is here--> President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat; October 7, 2002

Incidently both Afghanistan and Iraq were official wars. In the USA only congress can declare a state of war. In both cases it came to vote and was found in the affirmitive. In the case of Afghanistan I believe there were only two votes Nay and with Iraq in the House the vote was 296 yea and 133 nay and in the Senate it was 77 yea and 23 nay.

It was unnecessary to declare war againt either though since both had fired first. For Afghanistan there was 9/11 and with Iraq their military had fired on both US and British troops more than 750 times in the year leading up to the war. Under US (and most other countries) law to fire upon their military personel is considered an open declaration of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikawa
    Thats good, elaborate better?
    temper tantrum
    noun
    a loss of mental balance or composure, esp. by an outburst of anger or irritation; also called tantrum
    Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.6)
    Copyright © 2003-2005 Lexico Publishing Group, LLC

I'm seeing alot of outbursts, anger, and irritation but few actually debateable or discussable facts. Therefore I feel justified in calling them temper tantrums since their only point appears to be to yell louder then anyone else so they don't have to justify their (and your) opinion.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Ikawa may be famous one day Ikawa may be famous one day Ikawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    There were actually 3 reasons given for the invasion of Iraq:
    1) WMD's. Weapons thay had refused to prove that they had dispossed of, tried to rebuilt, and nuclear weapons that Saddam had been seeking to build since before the first Gulf War.

2) Iraqi support of terrorism. There were terrorist training camps in Iraq, Iraq was known to have paid money to the families of suicide bombers, and members of Al Quida had taken refuge in Iraq when they ran away from Afaganistan.

3) Inhuman treatment of the Iraqi people by the government, more specifically Saddam and his two sons. Experimentation of chemical weapons on its own citizens killing over 20,000 men, women, and children, the decapitation of any who questioned the government of Iraq including school teachers, the systematic rape of wives and mothers of political opponents, prisoners forced to watch their own children being tortured, and men dropped into industrial shreaders to execute them.

If you wish to read the most often misquoted speach by President Bush on it the link is here--> President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat; October 7, 2002

Incidently both Afghanistan and Iraq were official wars. In the USA only congress can declare a state of war. In both cases it came to vote and was found in the affirmitive. In the case of Afghanistan I believe there were only two votes Nay and with Iraq in the House the vote was 296 yea and 133 nay and in the Senate it was 77 yea and 23 nay.

It was unnecessary to declare war againt either though since both had fired first. For Afghanistan there was 9/11 and with Iraq their military had fired on both US and British troops more than 750 times in the year leading up to the war. Under US (and most other countries) law to fire upon their military personel is considered an open declaration of war.

temper tantrum
    noun
    a loss of mental balance or composure, esp. by an outburst of anger or irritation; also called tantrum
    Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.6)
    Copyright © 2003-2005 Lexico Publishing Group, LLC

I'm seeing alot of outbursts, anger, and irritation but few actually debateable or discussable facts. Therefore I feel justified in calling them temper tantrums since their only point appears to be to yell louder then anyone else so they don't have to justify their (and your) opinion.

1. Americans like to hold weapons in their places as well, its a fact! so why is it so wrong for someone else to have weapons, im sure America have weapons that could cause many problems!

2. Terrorism is due to religous beliefs, and that belief is backed by lots of reasons!

3. If actually true then, wheres the police and goverment of Iraq!

Dont believe that the big man on top knows it all, otherwise your easily manipulated! Get the facts from other sources, not just from America, but from the enemy as well, to be wise in this matter is to know ur enemy!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

personally, i really don't care about the war as long as anyone i know and myself are safe.....thats what think...
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Americans like to hold weapons in their places as well, its a fact! so why is it so wrong for someone else to have weapons, im sure America have weapons that could cause many problems!

2. Terrorism is due to religous beliefs, and that belief is backed by lots of reasons!

3. If actually true then, wheres the police and goverment of Iraq!

Dont believe that the big man on top knows it all, otherwise your easily manipulated! Get the facts from other sources, not just from America, but from the enemy as well, to be wise in this matter is to know ur enemy!
    1) Because they used them on their own people and to invade Kuwait. Their disarming was part of the peace treaty they signed with the UN.

2) So freaking what. Terrorists break their own religions beliefs by targeting innocents. They kill civilians (men, women, and children) they deserve to die. It's as simple as that.

3) They were arrested or went under ground. Since Turkey was convinced to not allow the Coalition to use it as a staging ground some of them got away and are hiding amoung those that benifited from previous hierchy in Iraq.

Incidently, we did get information from the previous Iraqi government. Thay kept prodigious records including of all the atrocities commited amoung their own people. You are in serious need of a reality check if you're so ready to believe otherwise.

Thanks

1) Because they used them on their own people and to invade Kuwait. Their disarming was part of the peace treaty they signed with the UN.

2) So freaking what. Terrorists break their own religions beliefs by targeting innocents. They kill civilians (men, women, and children) they deserve to die. It's as simple as that.

3) They were arrested or went under ground. Since Turkey was convinced to not allow the Coalition to use it as a staging ground some of them got away and are hiding amoung those that benifited from previous hierchy in Iraq.

Incidently, we did get information from the previous Iraqi government. Thay kept prodigious records including of all the atrocities commited amoung their own people. You are in serious need of a reality check if you're so ready to believe otherwise.
    True but i think ur not looking at the other side of things! You may have a lot of info on the American side, but you dont have other sources to back the true picture! Your info is one sided, and therefore cannot be judged upon as the benefit to mankind in the whole world. Americans killed civilains! It was known in Iraq. As also the British were led into a battle that even they didnt know the true reason. And you want to be careful of your information.

Thanks

True but i think ur not looking at the other side of things! You may have a lot of info on the American side, but you dont have other sources to back the true picture! Your info is one sided, and therefore cannot be judged upon as the benefit to mankind in the whole world. Americans killed civilains! It was known in Iraq. As also the British were led into a battle that even they didnt know the true reason. And you want to be careful of your information.
    Try this for size; (as of May '05)

Civilians killed by Saddam in Iraq =est. 600,000 or between 70 and 125 per day
    Civilian killed by insurgents in Iraq= 6,000 injured= 16,000 kidnappings= 5,000

Civilian deaths in Iraq from military actions= 7,127* injured= 28,174 , mostly men (released by Iraq Health Ministry)
    US Soldiers (non-civilians) killed in Iraq=1,656

*1,233 of the above numbers include deaths from terrorist related actions
    **may also include insurgents

You want to see my sources? Try doing a topic search on AO on Iraq (the search link at the top of the screen on the little bar there). This conversation has been hashed and rehashed. There are more than enough links to satisfy any apetite.

BTW, I have yet to see one fact or link to back up your supposed worldy wisdom. One reason to believe that anyone in either the US or UK government has lied as to any facts. Just your opinion. As such I have to conclude you're full of hot air and still one of the "temper tantrum" corp.

Thanks

Try this for size; (as of May '05)

Civilians killed by Saddam in Iraq =est. 600,000 or between 70 and 125 per day
    Civilian killed by insurgents in Iraq= 6,000 injured= 16,000 kidnappings= 5,000

Civilian deaths in Iraq from military actions= 7,127* injured= 28,174 , mostly men (released by Iraq Health Ministry)
    US Soldiers (non-civilians) killed in Iraq=1,656

*1,233 of the above numbers include deaths from terrorist related actions
    **may also include insurgents

You want to see my sources? Try doing a topic search on AO on Iraq (the search link at the top of the screen on the little bar there). This conversation has been hashed and rehashed. There are more than enough links to satisfy any apetite.

BTW, I have yet to see one fact or link to back up your supposed worldy wisdom. One reason to believe that anyone in either the US or UK government has lied as to any facts. Just your opinion. As such I have to conclude you're full of hot air and still one of the "temper tantrum" corp.

LOL not a temper tantrum at all, i dont back up my opinions cause you never know who might be watchin! Silly! and theres many documentaires i have seen and information aquired over the net. I dont need to backup my opinions cause i dont feel its nesasary as i dont revolve my life around wars. I revolve it around psychology.

Thanks

So in other words you're paranoid and like playing with people's minds. (Or you just don't have anything to back you up and you're not going to let facts get in the way of your opinion.) Got it.

Hey Hassun, I got another one for ya!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast