Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there

LOL not a temper tantrum at all, i dont back up my opinions cause you never know who might be watchin! Silly! and theres many documentaires i have seen and information aquired over the net. I dont need to backup my opinions cause i dont feel its nesasary as i dont revolve my life around wars. I revolve it around psychology.
    So, what documentaries are you talking about? What news articles? Why don't you provide some links so we can all read your point of view. You chide Arrianna about only having one side of the issue and yet you don't provide the other side you say you are supporting. So far you have only given your oppinion and given nothing to back it up. Your only statement that even has any facts to back it up was that American's have killed civilians...and even Arrianna provided those statistics for you.

And we should follow your oppinion or reasoning because?

Even those who don't agree with Arianna's viewpoints don't fault her because of her facts. Your the first to actually do that. It's hard to have a debate if only one side is providing facts. If all were going to do is call each other names and say "because I say so" then we might as well end this thread right now.

If you do have anything to base your oppinions on I'd personally like to read them. But since your the only one saying these things we'll have to rely on you to provide the links backing your position up. If you can't provide then all your saying is propaganda and oppinion.

Newbie Ikawa may be famous one day Ikawa may be famous one day Ikawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    So in other words you're paranoid and like playing with people's minds. (Or you just don't have anything to back you up and you're not going to let facts get in the way of your opinion.) Got it.

Hey Hassun, I got another one for ya!
    Nah i dont play with ppl's minds, thats sick, i think u need to not get so wrapped up in this. And anyway its a very poor judgement from you as u don't know me. Anyway its a debate forum, and im entitled to my words.

Maybe you should be along side Bush, i dunno but i like to oversee society.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Nor do you know Arrianna. Don't presume you do.

No one is denying your opinion and you've made that very clear. But all we have asked is for you to supply links to these 'articles' and 'documentaries' that you are reading. This is a DEBATE forum, which means we debate oppinions and give reasons for those oppinions. So far you have not done that.

But I agree with you, I don't think she should be all wrapped up in it. After all, if you don't care enough about your oppinion to defend it, why should she care enough about it read it.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

How is it that we always end up discussing debate technique? I thought that this was the place for INTELIGENT conversation, where has their intel gone? why no facts, "cause you never know who's watching."

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think that the war in Iraq is right? Do you think we should still be there?

I'm not going to actually debate a side, but I wish to throw some information into the throng which concerns Iraq (read: the Islam religion). I notice a lot of people know exactly what the American point of view is, but not the other side. I just thought I'd offer a little bit of information to clear this whole thing up.

People claim that one reason America is going to Iraq is to set up a democracy for them and make their lives better for them. Does anyone know anything about why they are not a democracy to begin with? Probably not, so here it is. "Islam" means "submission." Since the beginning of the creation of Islam, their main goal, governing-wise, was to create ONE community under ONE leader. Also, Muslims, since the beginning, have always integrated their state affairs and religious affairs. They are one and the same to these people.

They have been doing this for long before North America was even known to exist. I mean, this has been the way of life since about 600 CE. Can you imagine? Approximately 1400 years of knowing the same way of life, only to have a country who thinks they know better burst in and try to change it.

Anyway, just thought I'd offer up a little information on the opposition's side of things... Maybe it'll help you understand a little better why America kind of has no business being there, at least not for the reason of "making their country better."
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

I first it seemed sad and frusterating to everyone that our troops where dying
    every 5 seconds but I think If it needed to happen then it should, of we didn't see it coming.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Allrighty, so now we are useing their religion and history to justify the things that were being done in Saddam's Iraq. Just curious, why should we try to understand why the Iraqi government killed so many innocent people? Why do we need to hear their history of such crimes against humanity, does the fact that they did it befor make it ok now?
    And another thing we are not making their lives better for them, we are helping them to help themselves. We are provideing them the means to create a government that represents the people not just one sick dictator's version of a free country. We are training their police so that they can provide peace on the streets of their own cities.
    What would have happened to west germany had we the free countries of the world not help them rebuild. Or what if we had said that the Germans have a history of conquering surrounding countries, so its ok for them to invade the rest of europe. Their beleif was that inferior races should be exterminated so in the name of religious tolerance we'll go ahead and let them kill another couple million people just because their jewish.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Just out a matter of interest.

In the House of Represetitives yesterday there was a forced vote (non-binding) for immediate withdrawel from Iraq. A Democrate ex-Marine (who recieved some nasty comments from current Marines) was pushing for a timeline of withdrawel. Feed up some others demanded an immediate vote for whether we should even be there. Now realize while the vote was for immediate withdrawel it was a concensus vote only. It would not have actually meant withdrawing the troops.

Several of the Democrates went nuts. They had to be called to order and one of them even charged out onto the floor during someone elses speech. The final vote? Only 3 votes for the withdrawel.

Does this mean that the Democratic members members of the house support the war in reality in spite of what they've been saying? We'll never know. Their leaders decried the vote and told every one to vote to keep the troops there in order to remove any meaning from it. So basically the Republican members of the House went on record as supporting the troops but the Democratice members when given the opportunity to take a stand one way or the other (with the exception of 3) wouldn't.

Something to think about.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast