Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you trust people on the net?

Otaku animemeanime may be famous one day animemeanime may be famous one day animemeanime's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Do you trust people on the net?

Lately I've been useing the net alot more than I use to. Well along with that comes the new people I meet, even thought I've never meet these people, some of them I kind of like. And I was wondering how the people of AO find out if they can trust a person on the internet. I'm a very trusting person, as long as you don't make me mad, so I trust all most everone. Can someone give me some pointers on trusting people of the net. Plus this in not pointed at any one or this site. Well thank you very much.
    "Brodie: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
    Silent Bob: "Excitement, adventure... A Jedi craves not these things.
    "
    MALLRATS

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you trust people on the net?

Trusting people on the net is just like trusting people in real life, minus the fact that you actually see this person.

I mean, you talk with people to learn who they are and what they're like, right? Well thats all you're doing on the net, the only difference between this and real life, you can't see who you're talking with.

So, really it comes to your own thought, your own idea and process of trusting someone. Are they the kind of person you'd normally trust? Theres no stopping someone from lying on the internet, but theres also no stopping someone from lying in real life, besides the fact that you know what they look like.

Just know not to lay yourself out on the table, I mean, you wouldn't completely trust someone you just met, right? Get to know the person, you know, make friends. Its really no different when you meet other people, just use your gut feelings about these people.
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Otaku *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Hehe. I usually trust everyone that I get to meet online, but I don't do a lot of chatting. I usually communicate through penpal e-mails, regular e-mails, or through snail-mails. Although I trust most, my full trust can only be gained gradually, not overnight. Oh no. Pointers? Mine are all dumb, and I get fooled a lot, so you might not want mine. But some other members will have some for you. ^_^
    *^-^* Thank you SasuraiHell *^-^*

Otaku animemeanime may be famous one day animemeanime may be famous one day animemeanime's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Do you trust people on the net?

Well i would like to hear any thing you have to say, so please share.
    "Brodie: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
    Silent Bob: "Excitement, adventure... A Jedi craves not these things.
    "
    MALLRATS

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

I also trust a few people on the internet, it is a way to get to know a persons character without having to judge them by their looks.

A helpful tip: Don't meet anyone!

You may think you have found a perfect friend, but you could be fooled!They may be someone entirly differnet to whom you thought.

Another tip: Be careful!

Don't give personal details away because you don't really know who they are, treat them like a friend but just be careful!

I hope that helps!

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Newbie Leon S. Kennedy may be famous one day Leon S. Kennedy may be famous one day Leon S. Kennedy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, if you dont meet anyone, what is the significance of forums, to talk to yourself, just dont give out any "serious" personal information, like addresses or phone numbers.

Thank you SasuraiHell!

Otaku Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me may be famous one day Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy
    Well, if you dont meet anyone, what is the significance of forums, to talk to yourself, just dont give out any "serious" personal information, like addresses or phone numbers.
    I meant as in meeting them in person, not in a forum or somthing

TY Sasurai for the lovely sig!*

Newbie NerveGas may be famous one day NerveGas may be famous one day NerveGas's Avatar
    I live in the weird weather state of Maine
    Thanks

Well In my online experiences I have met many different people. I used to chat ALOT, and once you do that for awhile you start noticing certain things about the way people present themselves online. For starters you have the kids, not just 16-18 years old, but like 10-14 years old. I'm sorry if I generalize a little here, nothing personal, but alot of the time you can tell age by the way someone talks. Kids tend to be very open, often relaying information to you that you either didn't ask for, or that should never be given out. Then you have some folks that are older, but weird. They wanna chat for like 3 minutes, then have CYBER *pukes* I dunno, but I just can't trust someone after 3 mintues, especially not enough to do that. I do alot of online chatting, so I watch for clues about personality in their instant messages, forum posts and emails. Good rule of thumb, be general about your real location, never give out your birthday, and be very, very wary of meeting in real life. REGARDLESS of how they portray themselves, how many pictures you look at, you will likely be suprised when you meet them. Anyway, don't rule out meeting someone really cool, or special online. The internet is a great place to meet new people, just be careful. OK I think I wrote enough :P

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast