Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: does any one know how anime started

Newbie FinalFantasyFan may be famous one day FinalFantasyFan may be famous one day FinalFantasyFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: does any one know how anime started

yeah that is another possobility anime_fantasy
    Have a good day..... in HELL!!!

Otaku Pig Blaster Champion anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy's Avatar
    somewhere in Ontario....um....wait or was it Nunavut
    Thanks

i also herd that originaly anime/ manga was ment only for adults but then they started to make them more kid aproval
    being a bunny is hard work

Newbie SamIam may be famous one day SamIam may be famous one day
    Thanks

Anime (AH-nee-may or AN-nee-may)
    n. - Literal origin from the French, (short for "animation"). Refers to "Japanese Animation", a genre/medium that has its roots in the 1960's when the Japanese began making television versions of their version of comics (manga). Unlike the "cartoon", America and other culture's counterpart to anime, much of the Japanese animation shown is one of deeper, sometimes more mature themes, including developed storylines, linear plots, and aspects of violence, sex, drama, and comedy (not unlike live-action films in the States). There are different kinds of anime and each kind embraces adifferent age group or group of people. In Japan, the medium is as much respected as the "live-action" genre of movies. In other cultures, anime has achieved a mostly cult following, though with the mainstream acceptance and awareness of such anime as Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Tenchi Muyo, and Perfect Blue, the anime movement continues to gain in strength and visibility.
    ex. - "Did you watch that new Evangelion? It's the epitomy of what anime is.
    see also: Japanimation

Sounds complicated, right? Well, hopefully by the time you get to the end of our lessons you'll be able to intimately understand every part of this definition, and a little bit more. First, let's delve into the history behind anime.

Astro Boy picLike the definition says, Japanese animation began in the 1960's. Popular manga, or Japanese comics, had been the norm for a few years, and, being influenced by the works of Walt Disney and others back in the West, the Japanese decided to try their own hand at animation. The picture on the left is taken from "Tetsuwan Atom" (or "Astro Boy"), the first well-known and popular anime series created by Osamu Tezuka, known to many as an anime/manga pioneer. The series went on to be internationally acclaimed, and a new genre was born in Japan. Studios such as Toei and Mushi Productions were established, and more and more animated series began appearing in Japan. Much of it, however, didn't really make it onto international shores until the 70's and early 80's, when shows such as Speed Racer, Robotech, and Mobile Suit Gundam became fan favorites not only in Japan, but also in areas around the world.

Japanese animation, even in the beginning, had a distinct look and feel to it that was different from other animations like it (most notably the "cartoon" of the West, which had been in existence long before anime). These differences are ultimately what separates the terminology of "anime" versus "cartoon". While technically all animation could be considered "cartoons", the traits and cultural definition of what is considered "anime" is very different than that of the "cartoon". In fact, there are things present in anime that make it very distinct and unique from the traditional "cartoon", and we're going to take a look at them - starting with the "anime" drawing style.

http://www.animeinfo.org/animeu/core101-l1.html

Hope this helps ...

Sam

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: does any one know how anime started

not really sure...maybe u should check out wikipedia....all i know is it started in japan...

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I KNOW HOW IT STARTED!!!

*clears throat*
    It was around the disney era of cartoons that (who ever it was) decided to make cartoons that mimicked Disney's style of cartoons. He was japanese. Astro Boy ended up being the first anime ever made. and yeah...

I went to an anime convention and heard a very old japanese guy say that. There was a translator too.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

OH... I dont know how it started... but as some ppl said before:

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFantasyFan
    It probably started with an american who moved into Japan and started to make cartoons but just called it anime. So that could be how it started.
    that could be... I think that the most possible...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I told you all how it started, but no one listens!!!

Otaku raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424's Avatar
    Thanks

when i think of what or how anime was made i thought of it as more of japans style of cartoons but targeted more to teens 13-18+ since there are many that contain blood and corse language i think it makes it less of the typical cartoon that kids watch.

The thing i dont like is when you tell someone you watch Anime and they compair it with some cartoon like sailor moon and make fun.
    Full Metal Alchemist - Anime news information and lots of fun.
    Anime Gallery - Check out the image gallery for some cool anime pictures.
    Anime Forums - Join my anime forums and help us grow while talking about what you love best anime!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast