Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

I heard a nasty rumour that a good percentage of anime fans SIMPLY DOWNLOAD and rather than BUYING anime...

If you do buy anime, how much do you buy and give examples of what you buy.

Newbie sceleratus rex may be famous one day sceleratus rex may be famous one day sceleratus rex's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

I bought the entire series of Full Metal Panic! and my sister bought Wolf's Rain and we have a few anime movies (mostly by Studio Ghibli) and I have a few AzuManga Daioh. I want to get the DNAngel series too, but one thing at a time.
    ~Evil King~

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the first stage of Initial D. My friend has Dragonball thru Dragonball GT and all the movies put out in between and since. I just bought Yu Yu Hakusho along with 4 other anime movies online yesterday. I prefer to buy.
    I don't know anybody that downloads anime as opposed to buying it.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I do purchase anime. I've bought the entire Cowboy Bebop sessions, several anime films, Wolf's Rain (All of them YAY), and currently I am seeknig the complete Trigun series as well as DNAngel.

Unfortunately, prices and availability lead to downloading. There is so much that I want, but I don't have $50 for a DVD with two episodes on it. (I have rent to pay, car insurance to pay, etc...) I admit that in the past I did download, until I was able to start buying things... And I still don't have the money for it! Of course, I am saving up for an upcoming convention in my area - Oh yeah I'm spending AT LEAST $300

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

a lot otakus have only a couple ways of obtaining anime:
    - borrowing from friends
    - downloading from the Internet
    - begging parents to buy it for them

me, I download anime & manga sometimes
    but I'm saving up to buy anime collections
    I'm planning of getting FLCL, Hellsing, and Wolf's Rain

I'm Filipino so I got cousins back in the Philippines that have access to a lot of pirated VCDs of anime
    there are occasionally some legit shops in Manila that sell official English-subbed anime DVD collections straight from Japan
    (only around 3000 pesos = $60 compared to the $100+ ones here in the states)
    my cousin got me all the Cowboy Bebop episodes... on VCDs
    low quality (two of the VCDs don't work, one of them had Full Metal Panic! on it, and the picture is a little messed up) but it ain't that bad
    Last edited by Innerhell; Sep 09, 2005 at 12:55 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

well i have a couple of dvds....all of the fruits basket and inuyasha movie 2 and getting 3. but for manga i ahve all of fruits basket, alichino, dearS, forbidden dance, invu, hellsing, and alot other series. . .
    Don't let me be.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't buy anime that often because I barely have time to watch it. But I bought the entire series of Berserk last week. I really don't like to download because it cheapens the quality of the anime. Good anime deserves to be seen at its best.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

heh heh heh
    I've got the Samurai Deeper Kyo manga volumes 1 thru 11
    and I'm trying to finish it, but I've been saving my money for DVD collections...

downloading anime is just the most convenient thing to do
    (can waiting two or so hours to download something be labeled "convenient"?)
    the same thing for downloading music
    it's not honest, but it makes things a little easier
    for people with a tight budget and teenagers without a job (like me )

oh, and...
    a lot of otakus don't actually download anime, but just have friends who download anime and burn them on a DVD for them
    one of my friends is getting a burnt copy of all the Japanese Naruto episodes from one of his friends
    (bastard)
    Last edited by Innerhell; Sep 09, 2005 at 01:19 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast