Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

Newbie Dark Phoenix may be famous one day Dark Phoenix may be famous one day Dark Phoenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

Yeah I buy pretty much all of my Anime, when I get that paycheck, at least an Anime I buy comes from it. Then again who doesn't buy Anime is the question.
    "I'm the best at what I do...."

Newbie Kyuuketsuki Niko may be famous one day Kyuuketsuki Niko may be famous one day Kyuuketsuki Niko's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I'm one of the few that buys everything!
    Every series that I think sounds cool (and a few that don't) I've bought. It's really bad and leads to really high credit card bills...
    Fortunately, I have friends who are also anime addicts so we try not to buy the same stuff and just share each others.

Otaku kogome may be famous one day kogome may be famous one day
    Thanks

of course i do ive got the whole serious of inuyasha and all the movies and all the serouis of wolf rain im a dork i know and alot of anime magazines
    Last edited by kogome; Sep 11, 2005 at 09:00 PM.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say I'm a mix-up of downloading and buying anime... I download the first few chapters of a series just to see if I would like it, then I will proceed and buy the complete series... I usually spend between $80.00 to $150.00 USD a week on anime (Yeah! I have a good real life job), currently I'm watching 9 different series and a few movies... I don't like manga so everything is DVD's for me...

In the past year I bought about 200 Anime DVD's...

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp
    I would say I'm a mix-up of downloading and buying anime... I download the first few chapters of a series just to see if I would like it, then I will proceed and buy the complete series... I usually spend between $80.00 to $150.00 USD a week on anime (Yeah! I have a good real life job), currently I'm watching 9 different series and a few movies... I don't like manga so everything is DVD's for me...

I mean... damn.

I think.. I have maybe 100 DVD's total?

I primarily buy legitimate releases, as well as manga, but I'm a starving college student, and not a rich-as-hell bastard like Gall here, so I maybe get a DVD once or twice a month at best. ;.; Lately I've resorted to downloading Dual Audio releases to fill my void of english anime which I can't afford.

Here's a list of what I own: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAn...=Raven&categ=5

Feel free to look at my wish list and buy any or all of the thigns listed for me: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAn...g=6&user=Raven

Newbie Sun_Ice may be famous one day Sun_Ice may be famous one day Sun_Ice's Avatar
    Thanks

If there is something really good I hear on the internet I try to rent it from the local Blockbuster. But if it isn't availible for renting then I have to buy the dvds of the anime. I don't like the idea, but I bought Fruits Basket, the box set (very expensive) and I like it very much! Also I am getting the Evangelion DVD set and hopefully it won't be a loss.

I mostly watch the anime on TV. But after watching the full season of an anime I don't go out and buy it on DVD. It think it's kinda a waste of money when you have recently seen it and want to buy all of the DVDS.
    Last edited by Sun_Ice; Sep 09, 2005 at 09:38 PM.
    Avatar and banner, thanks to AnimeAficianado! Great job!

I am going to be honest with you, cause that's what we Chinese do.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp

You'd never know you had a kid from all the anime you buy
    I used to be able to spend that much on anime too. I would buy 2-3 dvds a week. That's where the bulk of my collection comes from. Now I'm down to 1 dvd every 6 months or so, but I still manage to get the dvds I really want.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse's Avatar
    Thanks

The only anime I've bought is the first 3 dvds of Chobits, but that about wiped out my measly savings. Dvds aren't so expensive here in Nebraska, some in Best Buy are as low as $10, then the box sets are $99.99. Best Buy is my answered prayer.
    Treat me like an angel, and I'll be your little devil.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast