Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega

I mean... damn.

I think.. I have maybe 100 DVD's total?

I primarily buy legitimate releases, as well as manga, but I'm a starving college student, and not a rich-as-hell bastard like Gall here, so I maybe get a DVD once or twice a month at best. ;.; Lately I've resorted to downloading Dual Audio releases to fill my void of english anime which I can't afford.

Here's a list of what I own: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAn...=Raven&categ=5

Feel free to look at my wish list and buy any or all of the thigns listed for me: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAn...g=6&user=Raven
    I'm not rich, just financially stable to spend some money on my only hobby...

Here is a partiall list of what I bought in the past year:

Complete series:
    Burn-up scramble
    Burn-up Excess
    Martian Successor Nadesico + Nadesico movie (Prince of darkness)
    Babell II Beyond Infinity
    Evangelion Platinum
    Ikkitousen (Battle Vixens)
    Aquarian Age
    ROD the TV
    Ghost in the shell SAC
    Bubblegum Crisis 2040
    Wolf's Raim
    Witch hunter Robbin
    Last Exile
    First season of Gantz
    Stratos 4 series + OVA
    Infinite Ryvius
    Final Fantasy unlimited
    Blue Seed
    Gunslinger Girl
    Kiddy Grade

Movies
    Voices of a distant star
    Both of the Ghost in the shell movies
    Aquarian Age movie
    Spirited away
    Grave of the butterflies
    Castle in the sky
    both of the Vampire Hunter D
    Blue Submarine 6
    Nausicaa
    spriggan

Incomplete Series
    Madlax
    Scrapped Princess
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Tenchi muyo Ryo ohki
    Samurai 7
    Elfen lied
    Fafner
    Maburaho
    Gantz season 2
    Tenjho Tenge
    Mars daybreack (started today actually)

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthorse
    The only anime I've bought is the first 3 dvds of Chobits, but that about wiped out my measly savings. Dvds aren't so expensive here in Nebraska, some in Best Buy are as low as $10, then the box sets are $99.99. Best Buy is my answered prayer.

Anime dvds for $10??? Lucky you...the cheapest ones here are usually the Pioneer Signature Series (Trigun, Lain, and some others), and they're still about 14-17 bucks.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

My average price is between $20.00 to $25.00 USD

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends on where I go..usually Media Play is the most expensive (average of $27), then Best Buy (average of $24), then Wal-Mart (average of $20), but with Wal-Mart, you don't get a huge selection, usually just the real popular series, and anything for kids. I like Media Play best; even though they're more exprensive, they have the best selcetion, and with their rewards program, I get a lot of $5 certificates, which helps, especially since I usually only buy 1 dvd at a time.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought a couple of movies, I'm not that big on anime though. Individual stories, sure, but I'm not going to go out and buy every movie, series, and OVA that comes down the pipe and call it golden. Plus, I just can't bring myself to buy whole series. I love Macross, but I just can't fork over the money to buy that box set, I just think of where else the money could go and end up buying either books or food.

I did, however, put down a preorder for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. Much in part to my love of the first movie (which I bought on VHS). Cost me fifteen all totaled.

Newbie Genroo may be famous one day Genroo may be famous one day Genroo's Avatar
    Thanks

The only anime I have ever downloaded in the last 8 years is Naruto. Other than that, all 100 of my anime DVDs were bought blindly out of interest from what I saw on the back of the cover, word of mouth, or watching from my friend's collection. The only exception would be Full Metal Panic! My third anime series.

A funny thing worth noting is that I've never regretted a single purchase. All though I don't know why I have volume 1 of Fighting Sprit, I still haven't watched it and don't plan on it.

If you want to see the anime I've bought over the last five odd years, check out the following site:

http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?id=genroo

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Normally, I research when a title I want is being released then march over to the local suncoast and pay 19.99-21.99 for it (after the first week it goes to 29.99) if you are a replay member you can get coupons for 5-10 buck off from time to time based off points earned from buying stuff. Otherwise for complete sets or DVD's missed during that first week I buy from Deep Discount DvD (Link) which is pretty cheap and ships for FREE! Granted this is the 3-5 business day thing but worth it if you missed a DVD or so of a series cause of myfundarelow disease. I think the easiest thing is to get your friends (go make some if needed) into anime and pool the buying of it. That coupled with what they show on TV can fill the need for anime pretty easily unless you are a complete anime whore like me . lol

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I try to limit myself to collecting 4 - 5 current releases, and reserve funds for targets of oppertunity for old 'classics' and desired B-list series...

I'm currently collecting the following DVD releases...
    Get Backers
    Planets
    Stellvia
    Jubai-Chan 2
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!
    Scrapped Princess
    Tenchi Muyo OVA 3

And so far this year I've finished collecting
    R.O.D. TV
    Petite Princess Yucie
    Paranoia Agent
    Midori Days
    Nana Seven of Seven
    Magical Meow Meow Taruto
    Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum

And for targets of oppertunity, I've picked up...
    Magical Knight Rayearth 1 & 2 (complete)
    Infinite Ryvius Box Set (The Lord of the Flies in Space)
    Astro Boy (2004 Remake) Set
    Cosmo Warrior Zero Set
    RahXephon thin pack

Movies and single DVD OVA release aren't included, as their impulse buy items and are not considered in the long term budget... Right now, I'm eying the Rune Soldier thin pack and the Cowboy Bebop Remix rerelease series when they start coming out this month...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast