Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

I personally tend to do my shopping at www.deepdiscountdvd.com free shipping and the average new DVD is $17.99

That's as cheap as I can find anywhere, so it lets me get more bang for my buck.

As of now, I'm only actively collecting Elfen Lied and Scrapped Princess as the DVDs come out, I'm working on getting the Platinum Edition Evangelion's and Midori Days whenever I find the pocket change.

Eventually I'll start collecting Burst Angel... that's the next series I'll be starting.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

For most of my time watching anime (and it's been nearly 7 years now) I've always bought anime (and manga), since until recently, I had no way of downloading fansubs. Even if I could download them, I couldn't watch them since my computer couldn't play avi files.
    But when I got my computer upgraded two months ago that all changed. I now download quite a lot of anime, as if I've been catching up for the last 7 years.

But I still buy Anime DVDs, and everything I download are series not licensed yet or not avaiable legally in my country. Importing DVDs from America is just too expensive for me (living in Australia) so the only alternative for me to watch some series is to buy bootleg... and honestly, downloading from the net is better than buying bootleg. Even through both are illegal, as least the wrong people aren't making money off it.
    But if these series I've downloaded ever make it too my country on DVD I will buy them.

For example, my friend downloaded Fullmetal Alchemist for me, and I have every intention of buying the DVD boxsets when they come out (In fact I simply can't wait). I just don't have the funds right now, being a jobless student after all, to buy each volume as it comes out for such a long series.

To give an idea on my DVD buying, when I was working full time I bought heaps. I've got 100 DVDs. Since I had much less money now, I'm waiting for boxsets, instead of buying each volume. And here's my list. Not all are complete, but most of them are.

Angel Sanctuary
    Angelic Layer
    Azumanga Daioh
    Cardcaptor Sakura 2nd movie
    Chobits
    Cowboy Bebop movie
    DNAngel
    Earth Girl Arjuna
    End of Evangelion
    Evangelion: Death Rebirth
    Excel Saga
    Furi Kuri
    Ghost in the Shell
    Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Haibane Renmei
    Last Exile
    Laputa
    Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
    Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
    Mononoke Hime
    Neon Genesis Evangelion Director’s Cut
    Niea under 7
    Noir
    Please Save my Earth
    Rahxephon
    Raxephon movie
    Rurouni Kenshin OVA
    Rurouni Kenshin OVA Seisouhen
    Saikano
    Shoujo Kakumei Utena movie
    Spirited Away
    The Cat Returns
    Trigun
    Vision of Escaflowne
    Vision of Escaflowne Movie
    Wolf’s Rain
    X movie
    X TV
    Yami no Matsuei

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

I have seen a lot of anime, and i have either bought it or rented it,it just more convenient actually getting it(mostly from the internet) and it's faster that sitting around on your computer most of the day, i dont think i have ever downloaded an anime, manga on the other hand, is an entire different story .
    I you want to rent anime i suggest you check out www.rentanime.com, it's cheap ans has a wide selection of anime to choose from.
    Last edited by JOJO AC; Sep 10, 2005 at 10:42 PM.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    I personally tend to do my shopping at www.deepdiscountdvd.com free shipping and the average new DVD is $17.99

That's as cheap as I can find anywhere, so it lets me get more bang for my buck.

As of now, I'm only actively collecting Elfen Lied and Scrapped Princess as the DVDs come out, I'm working on getting the Platinum Edition Evangelion's and Midori Days whenever I find the pocket change.

Eventually I'll start collecting Burst Angel... that's the next series I'll be starting.
    I signed up with Columbia House... I'll take the junk mail, 'cause I got 5 anime DVDs at 49 cents a pop! I was like "Is that for real!?" They charged me 9 bucks for shipping, and my mailbox will probably be loaded with junk mail from them... But altogether it cost 12 dollars for 5 DVDs and I'll probably never go back except to cancel my registration with them and register a month later to do it all again LoL
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Newbie Kasuki-kun may be famous one day Kasuki-kun may be famous one day Kasuki-kun's Avatar
    Rochester Hills , Michigan(but dont go after me please)
    Thanks

im well into over three years in anime but i think the only reason why people dont buy anime because the series are so long ( not including flcl) that it cost so much i spend about 35 dollars on manga books in a week but i would never want to download it just cause that it is so wrong if you read a manga book and that you cant own it well i alway say not to ever download the anime instead just buy it

DESTROY ALL HUMANS AND HALF BREEDS THE WORLD IS FIT FOR ONLY DEMONS

Otaku Spartan117 may be famous one day Spartan117 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I buy most of my anime. I do download anime but I end up buying them on dvd once they come out here in the US.

Newbie Kaoru may be famous one day Kaoru may be famous one day
    Thanks

I purchase anime series that I wish to have the actual thing in my hand. Depends on certain ones though.

Downloading is easier though, cheaper than having to buy it. Just going to a LAN I scored over 70gb worth

Newbie Hakkeru may be famous one day Hakkeru may be famous one day Hakkeru's Avatar
    Thanks

I buy all of mine,usually through suncoast online.They closed both Media play and Suncoast locally and Best Buy is way to expensive.I have most of miyazaki's movies and all the dragonball episodes and movies,Yuyu Hakusho.Theres still more I want to buy but with the prices they charge here it takes a while.the average price is about $25.00 to $35.00 depending on what your buying.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast