Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

Newbie SGT Kero may be famous one day SGT Kero may be famous one day SGT Kero's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

I dont download I watch off dish or buy the dvds.
    I sort of dont like it when people download new Anime and spoil it for the people who havent seen it yet. before it comes out on video or theaters.

Newbie lovehina12 may be famous one day lovehina12 may be famous one day lovehina12's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

i don't like people who download anime then rub it in your face i'd rather wait until the dvd is here

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought the entire Ruroken limited collection for 100USD, Onegai sensei for about 23 bucks.. and Saiyuki for the same. I usually borrow more from friends or watch them on TV.

Banned animegojira1 may be famous one day animegojira1 may be famous one day animegojira1's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought the original Full Metal Alchemist season 1 on dvd, Dragonball GT the full series, and the Fatal Fury movies.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Saddly as I have very little extra cash and my parents considered anime like any type of cartoon seen on saturday morning....they wouldn't give money then, nd now that I have a job, well my apartment and studies come first.

But, that didn't stop me for 4 years now of getting them from the internet, thought I bought ''Laputa:Castle in the sky'' because I had a bit of money at that moment and rented a bit, as well as borrowed some from friends when I could.

Thought from when I started watching anime would be quite vague, as I watched Dragon Ball when I was much younger on T.V. without thinking of anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

I agree with downloading to a point, but I see serious limits to such activities. For one not all of us have (or can afford) good connections. Also, how much storage is required (and how much does it cost?) ? I agree that anime is expensive to buy (thanks to the costs imposed on importers), but I still prefer to purchase anime (UK: £10 - £20 for individual DVD's and up to £100 for box sets). I have amassed a 50+ collection that contains:

1. Fist of the North Star box set
    2. Excel Saga Series (complete)
    3. Bubblegum Crisis original box set
    4. Virus box set
    5. Ninja Scroll 10th Anniversary box set
    6. Neon Genesis Death and rebirth
    7. Neon genesis End of evangelion
    8. Lupin the third: Secret of the twilight gemini
    9. Lupin the third: Castle of Cagliostro
    10. Lupin the third: pursuit of harimaos treasure
    11. New dominion tank police
    12. Armitage the third

The only concern I would have with downloading is the legality of the activity.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I ahvent bought anime in a long time. Last thing I bought was the cowboy bebop movie. Since I ahveno job and have no money, buying anime isnt at the top of things to buy list.

Newbie JetRo may be famous one day JetRo may be famous one day JetRo's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Does anyone here actually BUY Anime???

Back in the day before bittorrent, I buy a lot of anime region 1 dvds. I have a hundred or more stored in a box somewhere.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast