Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 80 of 320

Thread: does god really exist???

  1. #73
    Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: does god really exist???

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    and it is unfair for you to say to peopel ot keep their religion to themselves.
    You know, faith and religion are a pretty personal thing, usually... I'm not trying to get into rows with you, and I'm not atheist, before you bring out that accusation. I just believe that something as personal as a relationship with God should be kept to one's self. I could be completely wrong, but what good has forcing others to believe in one's choice of faith brought? You have the Crusades, and many other wars based on religious beliefs or what Gods one should believe in.

    The fact is that all religions could be compared, and all beliefs in certain Gods/Goddesses compared. The whole point of one believing in a higher being is to bring comfort to one's self, and some are more comfortable in searching for truth as opposed to blindly believing. It is their personal choice. Taoists, Buddists, Wiccans, polytheistic tribal religions... there are many beliefs, and I think that is the point Mei was trying to get across. She's not saying we should all believe that God doesn't exist until there is substantial proof. She clearly stated that people are free to believe what they will. She's posing an alternate argument, and all she's getting back is fiery accusations of being an atheist simply because she doesn't believe what the majority believes.

    I hope this came off as neutral as I attempted it to be... but that's my two cents.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

  2. #74
    Newbie JoSo13 may be famous one day JoSo13 may be famous one day JoSo13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    fallbrook
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: does god really exist???

    My belief is that god created the cosmos, what happend after happend by nature's doing. But the age old thoght of who created god still hunts me, :P not really, I just go along with the flow and I couldn't be happyer.

  3. #75
    Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: does god really exist???

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    okay let me start by saying that your question of proving god's existance is ridiculous.. if the person who you asked had the answer we wouldn't be discussing this... and now i move on to more things:

    1. things i say are based on facts some on books which are written by age old scholars who know what they are doing
    2. i am not preaching, i am explaining what faith is, the point of havign faith and belief
    3. may i add that what some peopel said is highly intelligent and true... your agrument has nothing but rash accusations and you are bent on thinking in one way that you cannot see what other peopel are saying....
    4. i am not a religious individual, i only stating what i heard, learned, wrote and etc.... as well as researched.... but despite me not beleiving in god, it does not mean that i am not intrigued by faith. one does not have to be religious in order to study god....
    5. i am not expectign peopel to convert... i say facts so that peopel will be informed and make up their own mind
    6. the point of this disccusion is not religion but th existance of god, so it should not matter what religion one has, there is at least one god which you have heard about...

    well i can rant and rant... but yoru argument is not substantial. no one is trying to convert anyone here... this is a topic of disccusion and people are telling their facts. if you beleive in only one side of the argument, you have ignorance and must inform yourself. as i said i am not a beleiver but i do beleive in facts for arguments. i beleive on the last page oft he post an AO user told me that there is a god and she proved it. there are many points of view, i simpyl expressed mine and what i know. there is no point in converting people to this thread.... and niether is trying to get peopel ot prove the existance of god.

    this thread is also for discussing the topic.... and no one is sitting on their high horse... peopel are expressing their own views... so is it your beleive that unless people have any facts ot back up their arguments, as in scientific proof, no one should say anythign at all??? well that would ruin AO forum fun... and no one would talk.... but movign back to the issue. is god somewhere? i don't know, and neither do you, i don't think anyone does. and it is unfair for you to say to peopel ot keep their religion to themselves. no one tried ot push anything unto anyone. and you are pushing atheism on people. as i said... some peopel don't see things as black and white as you do, some people beleive in teh gray and have faith. and the point of faith is the beleive in god. nothing is simply in this world. and please do answer my question...
    what if god does appear and everyone sees him??? how many would beleive in god just to not spend eternity in hell?
    this is an issue of how much hope peopel have. some people have faith, others don't. as far as sitting on my horse up in the air... i don;t believe anyone is sitting on any horse at all... especially somewhere up high... and as someone actually mentioned before in this trhead or perhaps in another... don't just punch holes in your argument and follow your own advice of saying something substancial instead of getting angry at "stupid" things in the paper.
    Never accused anyone here of it, as you quoted what I said, I went off topic. I didn't direct it at anyone here i was just saying. Thus hypothetically, but I don't think I need to explain myself on that, I was just simply saying.

    Black and white? You accused me of being an atheist. So I assume you think there is someone who believes and then an atheist. Sounds pretty black and white to me. There are in betweens. And I don't have one way of thinking, I was just trying out my critical thinking mode, I simply challenged someone's point of view. (If you haven't noticed as of yet I have no point of view on God, so nobody should be accusing me on what I believe)
    I wasn't trying to tell people to stop debating, when I told that person to prove it I was just trying to see what kind of argument they could come up with, I wanted to know. Instead they never answered me. You did answer me, but I guess I shouldn't have quoted yo because what I wrote after really had nothing to do with what you wrote.

    I've read some of those writings that the "Age old Scholars" wrote. I am not ignorant to it, trust me. I've studied alot of religious writings and text's. I mean I could also challenge someone's argument and ask them to prove why he doesn't exist. Would that make me less of an atheist?

    Until you know weather or not I am an atheist you shouldn't label me.

    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I was just reacting to your slamming the others saying they were throwing their religion in our faces. They werent, they were just stating their feelings and opinions. I wouldnt call it name calling cause I dont see athiest as a bad thing. I wasnt trying to do that.
    I understand but I wasn't attacking anyone here I went off topic, and it had nothing to do with anyone here.

    And I am not an atheist by the way.
    Last edited by Meiwaku; Jul 23, 2005 at 09:33 PM.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

  4. #76
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: does god really exist???

    Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    Never accused anyone here of it, as you quoted what I said, I went off topic. I didn't direct it at anyone here i was just saying. Thus hypothetically, but I don't think I need to explain myself on that, I was just simply saying.

    Black and white? You accused me of being an atheist. So I assume you think there is someone who believes and then an atheist. Sounds pretty black and white to me. There are in betweens. And I don't have one way of thinking, I was just trying out my critical thinking mode, I simply challenged someone's point of view. (If you haven't noticed as of yet I have no point of view on God, so nobody should be accusing me on what I believe)
    I wasn't trying to tell people to stop debating, when I told that person to prove it I was just trying to see what kind of argument they could come up with, I wanted to know. Instead they never answered me. You did answer me, but I guess I shouldn't have quoted yo because what I wrote after really had nothing to do with what you wrote.

    I've read some of those writings that the "Age old Scholars" wrote. I am not ignorant to it, trust me. I've studied alot of religious writings and text's. I mean I could also challenge someone's argument and ask them to prove why he doesn't exist. Would that make me less of an atheist?

    Until you know weather or not I am an atheist you shouldn't label me.



    I understand but I wasn't attacking anyone here I went off topic, and it had nothing to do with anyone here.

    And I am not an atheist by the way.
    But by you demanding that(proof), it says your dont believe in god. One who believes doesnt ask for proof.

    I think angel is just mad that you said were throwing our beliefs in others faces, and were not. I didnt see that anywhere in this thread.

  5. #77
    Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: does god really exist???

    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I think angel is just mad that you said were throwing our beliefs in others faces, and were not. I didnt see that anywhere in this thread.
    I'm sorry if I came off sounding like that I didn't mean it. I take it all back if that is what you want.

    But by you demanding that(proof), it says your dont believe in god. One who believes doesnt ask for proof.
    And you say I generalize. Asking for proof doesn't mean I don't believe. It just means I am sitting on the outside looking in. Unless I specifically state I have no faith or beliefs, you cannot accuse me of having none. For the time being I am sitting outside and I asked a member to show proof. Then I get told I can't ask that question. I don't see why not, it's a fair question. It doesn't mean I have no beliefs.

    I'm taking a critical thinking class in school at the moment and our professor said to sit on the fence and asks questions and gather as much information as possible before making a conclusion. That is all I was doing I wasn't expecting to get attacked and called an atheist. But none the less it's interesting, I should report on this, it might make for a good class discussion on why that happens.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

  6. #78
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: does god really exist???

    Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    And you say I generalize. Asking for proof doesn't mean I don't believe. It just means I am sitting on the outside looking in. Unless I specifically state I have no faith or beliefs, you cannot accuse me of having none..
    Doesnt "sitting on the outside looking in", mean you havent made up your mind, hence dont believe in anything yet. Hence you dont belive in god at the moment. To believe in god your not sitting on the fence, and require no proof.

  7. #79
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: does god really exist???

    I would suggest while you were at it asking for suggestions on ways to actually be impartial. Your nutrality needs practice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    With that said, logically it's hard to pick a side without no proof. And it's all fine to believe in god within your own religion (This is hypothetically so I don't want people freaking at me) but i have seen various people try and throw their religious belief's on people who do not believe in the same thing. Or anything at all, and I don't understand why. How can you sit up on a high horse like that when you have no proof that what you're preaching is even true. Keep it with in your own circle.

    Yeah ok that went off topic, but it is a result of reading so many stupid things in the paper regarding religious arguments against people who are not even religious.
    Both statements are extreamly antagonistic especially in a forum dedicated to discussion. They basically say that religious people a) should shut up and b) are stupid to discuss their beliefs. You drew a reasonably expectable reaction for a reasonably inffered belief. If the impression was incorect the fault, in this case, lies not with those reading your post.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  8. #80
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: does god really exist???

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I would suggest while you were at it asking for suggestions on ways to actually be impartial. Your nutrality needs practice.


    Both statements are extreamly antagonistic especially in a forum dedicated to discussion. They basically say that religious people a) should shut up and b) are stupid to discuss their beliefs. You drew a reasonably expectable reaction for a reasonably inffered belief. If the impression was incorect the fault, in this case, lies not with those reading your post.
    I tryed to say that, but couldnt. Thats what I was saying guys, sorry if i offended anyone.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts