Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: does god really exist???

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: does god really exist???

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuro
    but there is no reincarnation.
    Can you say this for certain? Now, I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right. But you can't be so wrapped up in your own religion to not give credit to any other religions. What about Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism? They could be just as wrong as you, yes, but you can't be so entirely sure that there is no reincarnation any more than I can be so entirely sure there is. Just a question to throw out there. Hopefully no one attacks me for thinking out loud.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Otaku Hokuro may be famous one day Hokuro may be famous one day Hokuro's Avatar
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hinduism,Buddism,Taoism, & Shintoism all came from Egypt after God seperated them with different languages after they tried to build a stairway to heaven. I respect thier god, but it seems Ours was here first.^_^ Am I right?

Newbie nirvana beyond stupidity may be famous one day nirvana beyond stupidity may be famous one day nirvana beyond stupidity's Avatar
    Thanks

So what makes your god the right god?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuro
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hinduism,Buddism,Taoism, & Shintoism all came from Egypt after God seperated them with different languages after they tried to build a stairway to heaven. I respect thier god, but it seems Ours was here first.^_^ Am I right?
    Er... actually, Hinduism's beginnings are thought to have come from the Aryans, and then settled in South Asia/India, and all the rest from farther East. You know, China, Japan... all those Asian countries.

And with the exception of Hinduism (which has multiple gods), uh, the others don't really focus on higher beings like that, it's much more... focused on self. There is one branch of Buddhism which is a little more theistic... I think that's the Mayahana branch... That's not important, however.

And if we're going to get Egypt into this, I'm sure they developed one of the first written alphabets (recorded in history), in addition to the Sumerians, who were really intelligent as well, but I don't think much is known about them. So yeah, pretty sure God had nothing to do with giving them a language other than "English" (which at this time, the language didn't even EXIST, and if it did, especially not as we know it). I mean, religion in Egypt pre-dated Christianity and man's creation of God.

I tried to avoid giving my opinion, but I think I may now. To me, God is something created by man (yanno, big, powerful rulers) who wanted to keep their subjects in line through fear. I think they figured, "give them something they can't see to be afraid of." The people during the time Christianity became big had no idea what was to come after death! They were TERRIFIED by the thought of there being nothing once they die. So they flocked to the idea of there being a Heaven and a Hell and a God to help them get to Heaven. And it worked great for rulers too, because people who revolted would be seen as betrayers. And I mean, there was a period in history where church officials LOVED excommunicating people/burning them at the stake/crusading all in the name of God. Honestly, I don't know why people take this is as seriously as they do. However, I am not one to tell people how to live their lives, just as much as they have no right to tell others how to do the same. This is just my opinion on the whole God/religion thing.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong... I'm only going by memory from what I learned in Ancient History and West/East Asian classes I took. =/ So I mean, my memory could fail me. *shrug*
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried to avoid giving my opinion, but I think I may now. To me, God is something created by man (yanno, big, powerful rulers) who wanted to keep their subjects in line through fear. I think they figured, "give them something they can't see to be afraid of." The people during the time Christianity became big had no idea what was to come after death! They were TERRIFIED by the thought of there being nothing once they die. So they flocked to the idea of there being a Heaven and a Hell and a God to help them get to Heaven. And it worked great for rulers too, because people who revolted would be seen as betrayers. And I mean, there was a period in history where church officials LOVED excommunicating people/burning them at the stake/crusading all in the name of God. Honestly, I don't know why people take this is as seriously as they do. However, I am not one to tell people how to live their lives, just as much as they have no right to tell others how to do the same. This is just my opinion on the whole God/religion thing.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong... I'm only going by memory from what I learned in Ancient History and West/East Asian classes I took. =/ So I mean, my memory could fail me. *shrug*
    Thats just your spin on it. I believe he did exist. Too much documentation on it. He was not just created by man. Man just used his existance for his own selfish purposes. Just like man taints religion today to achive his selfish desires.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana beyond stupidity
    So what makes your god the right god?
    From what I've observed many different people believe many different things and if they all truly believe in their faith I don't see why anyone should have the "RIGHT" or "WRONG" God persay. Not everyone has the same belief or religion and perhaps there is only one right answer but since nobody really knows for sure, and I think that as long as you have faith in something that is all that matters.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Thanks

Which is precisely what I said ages ago... =/ It's all personal. Whatever helps you get through the days, whether it be God, Mother Earth, or your own self-enlightenment...

Newbie Butterfly13 may be famous one day Butterfly13 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes,God does really exist,(I'm sorry if I'm affending anyone.)I am a Jehovah's Wittness and we believe in God!And if u don't agree that's ok,2!!!BYE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I guess I believe that God merely created this universe and sat back to let evolution take place. If he was active all this crap wouldnt go on in the world.
    The reason all this shit in the world is happening is because of Satan.He said to God that all of his follwers only worshiped him because the were scared of him,and that if there life became bad that they would rise against him,so hes giving Satan a chance to try and make us rise against God.And when Armagedan comes his time is up.Once again,SOOOOO sorry if I affend anyone!!!,BYE!!!

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast