Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 ... LastLast

Thread: does god really exist???

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: does god really exist???

Just because a document is historical, it doesn't necessarily mean it's true. (As an example, you can view all the 'historical' facts published by Nazi Germnay during WWII...) Often it only represents the 'viewpoint' of the winning side. Truth is often in eye's of the beholder. Historical documents always have to be 'gleened' to reveal the hints of truth that they contain...
    exactly my point, the bible is not a good proof of god's existance, since it can be regarded as a book and nothing else. but my point is that because so many peole read the bibble they automaticly assume that it is true and beleive every word in it. so people tend ot beleive the bible instead of god

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyasashi
    Btw every religious person says God exists but when you ask how do you know, you get answers like 'I feel like he does' ..... 'He does exist'..... 'blablabla story from the bible'

Always answers like that, and when you proof them wrong they get mad and tell you thousands of stories out of the bible.

You know that even a priest in Scandinavia believes that God doesn't exist.

What makes people believe the brutal people in those ages more than the more civilized people now?

It all actually sounds a bit like people that believe don't want to 'believe' that their religion is 'fake'.
    Their religion is not fake, thats your words and take on it. Its fake because it fake to you? Also why do you need proof on everything? Sometimes you have to open your mind a little, and have some faith and believe in something.

Newbie Miyasashi may be famous one day Miyasashi may be famous one day Miyasashi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Not at all. The point is that you have to find your own answer. I can tell you God exists, other's can tell you he exists, but obviously that doesn't mean you will believe us. We can give you a thousand and one reasons why we believe what we do and it likely won't mean a thing. So all I can do is tell you how to find out. It's all a part of the scientific method. If you want to find out if something is true, test it. But it requires commitment on your part, how badly do you want an answer?

And no, someone who doesn't know what they believe in doesn't usually qualify as a believer unless they have faith and a desire to learn. Everyone has to start somewhere. Just like math, you start with just learning the numbers before you can learn what to do with them.

To answer your question straight up though, if I may quote scripture?

Or in other words, test it.

Again you make a work-around, I don't want to believe nor do I need you to explain why some do believe and some don't, I'm just asking a simple question 'How do you know he exists?' besides those scriptures are out of the bible....

I want your answer, not something copy-pasted from a book.

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Their religion is not fake, thats your words and take on it. Its fake because it fake to you? Also why do you need proof on everything? Sometimes you have to open your mind a little, and have some faith and believe in something.

Fake as in Made up...

Instead of answering my simple question you guys give me:
    - work-arounds
    - your anger
    - you tell 'me' to believe

'and have some faith and believe in something.'

are you trying to make a deal?, Jehova do that by going to people their houses and tell their story.
    Last edited by Miyasashi; Jul 27, 2005 at 10:17 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Again you make a work-around, I don't want to believe nor do I need you to explain why some do believe and some don't, I'm just asking a simple question 'How do you know he exists?' besides those scriptures are out of the bible....

Fake as in Made up...

Instead of answering my simple question you guys give me:
    - work-arounds
    - your anger
    - you tell 'me' to believe

'and have some faith and believe in something.'

are you trying to make a deal?, Jehova do that by going to people their houses and tell their story.

The point is its fake to you but not to others. Yes you have to believe in something to have faith, but you must also have a open mind.

PS: I dont like the Jehova's tactics too.

Newbie Miyasashi may be famous one day Miyasashi may be famous one day Miyasashi's Avatar
    Thanks

The point is its fake to you but not to others. Yes you have to believe in something to have faith, but you must alos have a open mind.

PS: I dont like the Jehova's tactics too.

Yea it's fake to me, but if you don't give me my answer or can't ... how will I ever change my mind?

Thanks

Yea it's fake to me, but if you don't give me my answer or can't ... how will I ever change my mind?
    Knowone can change your mind. You have to want to change.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

And what if my knowlege is based on what the book says? BTW It's not from the Bible.

It's also not a work around. People keep asking, "has anyone seen God"? The answer, yes, it's in religious writtings. They're called scriptures. If you're looking for writtings outside of religious script you're not going to find it since anything dealing with God is by definition religious. You have to decide whether or not to give it an honest think but to do that first you have to read it.
    when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee,
    The next part is called "intellegent design".
    and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.
    An analogy is making a clock. Can you put all the peices of a clock in a sack and shake it up and end up with a working clock or does it require someone putting the peices together? It is considered the same with creation and the universe. Did it just fall together or was there "intelligent design".

Lastly is personal experience. That of course is personal. You can either believe people or not. You can study the subject yourself or not. And you can ask, or not. It's not up to us to convince you, in matter's of religion no one should be convinced, you should find out for yourself. It's all up to you. Agency, it's your choice.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Knowone can change your mind. You have to want to change.
    Well I want to change my opinion on the 'religion' thing, but therefore I need answers.

@Arrianna: Bible or such a script, all sound the same to me ;P
    Everything can be explained with science, NOTHING is unnatural .... it would be unnatural if things in your head (you think of God) do exist.

unnatural is not a word you can use in this world because every reaction on anything is natural, may it or may it not be normal to us doesn't matter.

Same with nature, they say nature is dissapearing ... actually it's not.

Green nature dissapears, gray nature takes it's place, because of that change ... we are not part of nature?

Our houses are built with elements of nature, we use nature's resources.... so in what way is nature dissapearing?

Also isn't smoke/smog a natural reaction on this planet? (which come from factories).

I can go on like this but rather not :P
    Last edited by Miyasashi; Jul 27, 2005 at 10:59 AM.

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 ... LastLast