Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: does god really exist???

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: does god really exist???

Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    for all those who say: i'm catholic/christian/<insert religion here> so I believe in God

Shouldn't it be...I believe in God that's why i'm Catholic/Christian/<insert religion here>? =) cuz the other way around, even tho i'm sure you don't mean it, it sounds like you believe in the faith, therefore you MUST believe in God. Or because you belong to the Church you MUST believe in God. *shrugs* yes i'm just being picky ^^; feel free to ignore =P

Edit screwed up the bbcodes *smack's head*
    that is the kind of thinking people stay away from so i agree with angelan. there is a big difference between havign faith in god and havign faith in the church of religion. the church is not the correct representation of god and not to rave against catholicism, but there is a pretty hefty case against catholicism which proves the church as the abuser of power.
    BUT DO NOT quote me on this because i have only began to read the many gospels and teh vatican's interpratation of them and what is cosidered heresy and not..... it just might be an opinion of one man writing a silly book, but very few people know the true word of christ and how religion is meant to be led
    but back to the main idea. as angelan said..... just because you have a certain faith that your parents require you to follow, doesn't mean it is teh correct faith for an individual and it does not honestly mean that you are living the way god intended you to live being a follower and all.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, as for being in a certain religion and just automatically believing in God? It doesn't always work like that.

Hi, I'm a Catholic - I've been baptized, had my first communion and my confirmation. By all rights, I should be a true Catholic. However, this doesn't change the fact that I have skepticism. And pretty much despise my religion.

I don't think your reason for believing in something should be because some organized group told you to. Believe in God for yourself, not for others.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Well......I think that he doesn't exist but people have to believe in something or they would be really afraid of death....I mean it's better to believe that there is a god and that there IS a heaven and to believe that u might wind up there than to just say that there is no life after death and when u die that's it...game over.....

P.S. I'm not atheist. I've just thought about that since when I was 8 years old and the church minister would tell us that if we didn't pray we would wind up in hell....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1's Avatar
    Thanks

I think there is someone out there looking after me.
    I know my life could turn out so horriable but it hasn't.
    It is not the greatest but not that bad.
    I am just missing someone to love. That special someone in my life.

Newbie Seraphim Azarael may be famous one day Seraphim Azarael may be famous one day Seraphim Azarael's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... I'd like to say and challenge a few things in this ongoing debate.

First of all, I believe in Lucifer and God. I believe insanity leads to 'evil.' Truly, I believe in no pure evil, and no pure good. I believe God wished his wrath to be felt in one form or another, and thus created something so imperfect yet still in his image. Humanity.
    I do not believe we originated from apes. But I do believe in evolution of sorts. I believe that Jesus is God's second son. I believe that apes are a form of humanity, as is everything else that lives and breathes. God wanted his wrath felt, but to crush us, he had first to make us rise. I believe that Lucifer is not evil, but that he went insane from the pain of betrayal his Father laid on him. He and fifteen other Seraphim Fell from Heaven when God tricked them. I believe in the Spirits of the Four. Four Gods. Our God, of humanity, and Three other Gods that were stripped of their powers and banished to Purgatory.

I believe in these things and am awaiting heated debates and opposition.

And you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Concerning the sex of God: God is God. Male chauvinist pigs have just painted God as a male entity.
    -insert witty signature here-

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

So basically you're looking for a fight?

Sorry, not from me. I would be interested in how you came to your conclusions though.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Azarael
    Hmm... I'd like to say and challenge a few things in this ongoing debate.

First of all, I believe in Lucifer and God. I believe insanity leads to 'evil.' Truly, I believe in no pure evil, and no pure good. I believe God wished his wrath to be felt in one form or another, and thus created something so imperfect yet still in his image. Humanity.
    I do not believe we originated from apes. But I do believe in evolution of sorts. I believe that Jesus is God's second son. I believe that apes are a form of humanity, as is everything else that lives and breathes. God wanted his wrath felt, but to crush us, he had first to make us rise. I believe that Lucifer is not evil, but that he went insane from the pain of betrayal his Father laid on him. He and fifteen other Seraphim Fell from Heaven when God tricked them. I believe in the Spirits of the Four. Four Gods. Our God, of humanity, and Three other Gods that were stripped of their powers and banished to Purgatory.

I believe in these things and am awaiting heated debates and opposition.

And you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Concerning the sex of God: God is God. Male chauvinist pigs have just painted God as a male entity.

Everything you said is just so distorted. God's second son? Whose is His first? He made humanity because of His wrath? Satan went insane from being betrayed by God? Sounds like a fairy tale to me, maybe something you dreamed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I would be interested in how you came to your conclusions though.
    So would I.

Otaku Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern's Avatar
    Thanks

Which one? (i.e god) There are so many!!!!!!

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast