Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: does god really exist???

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: does god really exist???

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    for both of the people in this thread [ who believe and those who dont ] i think it would be interesting if you gave the book "THE DA VINCI CODE" a read it really flips the theories that are out there. putting Jesus to be nothing more than a normal mortal, who was then made divine by emperor constatine approximately four centuries after his crucifiction [ sort of ironic as well the symbol of christianity is one of the most cruel symbos throughout history. it is a symbol of torture, a torturing mechanism. ne way give the book a raed if you have the time.
    That book is stupid hogwash. They can find a code in anything to suit someones beliefs and make a quick buck. God a mortal yes, but with powers. We all know he was mortal, hence he was able to be killed. I take it your an athiest or of some non-christan belief? I found those last two sentences offensive and totally false. Keep your beliefs to yourself or be a little more less harsh.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 22, 2005 at 02:21 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

for both of the people in this thread [ who believe and those who dont ] i think it would be interesting if you gave the book "THE DA VINCI CODE" a read it really flips the theories that are out there. putting Jesus to be nothing more than a normal mortal, who was then made divine by emperor constatine approximately four centuries after his crucifiction [ sort of ironic as well the symbol of christianity is one of the most cruel symbos throughout history. it is a symbol of torture, a torturing mechanism. ne way give the book a raed if you have the time.
    The Da Vinci Code is fiction and has the historians in an uproar because people are actually believeing it to be fact. I would suggest a better source.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    The Da Vinci Code is fiction and has the historians in an uproar because people are actually believeing it to be fact. I would suggest a better source.
    It makes a good table leg supporter or toilet paper.

Otaku PunkAngel7 may be famous one day PunkAngel7 may be famous one day PunkAngel7's Avatar
    Thanks

My opinion:

You can see the grass, and the sky but when you look up into the sky you
    can not see god but if you look at a person and see their eyes and nose and mouth but can you see their brain?.... No so how do you know if it exist so i conclude god does exsit just cuz yoyu can't see him doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
    You wouldn't know a good thing
    if it came up and slit your throat

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    That book is stupid hogwash. They can find a code in anything to suit someones beliefs and make a quick buck. God a mortal yes, but with powers. We all know he was mortal, hence he was able to be killed. I take it your an athiest or of some non-christan belief? I found those last two sentences offensive and totally false. Keep your beliefs to yourself or be a little more less harsh.
    really calm down shorty. remember composure its just for discussion purposes i'm not an athiest and infact come form a christian background I just stated that the book could sorta shake how you look at things religiously.

dont jump to conclusions. i didn't directly say what i believed I just was pushing another variable into the equation of Gods existence. so just chill out and continue the discussion
    Last edited by death_knight; Jul 22, 2005 at 03:27 PM.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

really call down shorty. remember composure its just for discussion purposes i'm not an athiest and infact come form a christian background I just stated that the book could sorta shake how you look at things religiously.
    If a book of fiction can shake your convictions they weren't very strong to begin with. That's like suggesting that perhaps we should evaluate our opinion of the devil based on Sauron in The Lord of the Rings. Like I said, I would find a better source.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe he does. Alot of people ask, well if there is a god, why is there so much suffering in the world. I think its because God doesn't want to do everything for you. You have to learn from your mistakes.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

He existed. The Romans ran everything back then. They kept prodigious records. We have Roman records, origional letters, and journals from the time period. There is no question he existed.
    Well, existed as we think of him. Not damned likely. The mortal Jesus who lived is not the one of myth. Not anymore, at any rate.
    If a book of fiction can shake your convictions they weren't very strong to begin with. That's like suggesting that perhaps we should evaluate our opinion of the devil based on Sauron in The Lord of the Rings. Like I said, I would find a better source.
    I'm sorry, I thought that was the point of fiction. Fiction is supposed to make you go: "Oh? Well, I can parallel that to..." etc etc. That's one of the reasons I write. Why write a book if you don't have a point?

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast