Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: does sexuality in games effect children?

Newbie inuyasha3956 may be famous one day inuyasha3956 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i do agrre on that

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I currently own the game prince of persia, and I won't let MY little bro play it as long as i'm around. The blood and sexual themes drive even an older brother to be catious.(well that, and I don't wanna get it trouble.)

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well basically we as humans like to see things that shock us, we want to be shocked and appauled, its true. An example, a fight breaks out in the middle of the street, do people try to stop them, some yes but most just stand there and watch, some even egg on. Its ingrained in our heads to enjoy things that hurt others. Its human nature, sorry were ****ed up bastards. Anyways, it all comes down to the parents, I don't give a **** what the politicians say, its about the parents being aware of what there kids are playing

Also, its the parents fault in the first place, maybe if parents took time for their kids instead of using video games as a babysitter, then we could probably change it.

Bottom LIne, its parents fault for not watching their kids and our fault for being human

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodion
    Hmmm, this probably means people like John Carmack made their millions because parents can't tell which games from which, and that they owe their millions to those geeky, pimply-faced computer game store clerks. Interesting. God bless America and free enterprise! j/k

-RODION
    That depends on how the ESRB was back then when doom was first released. I don't think they were as cautious with games as they are now. All of this ESRB started with Mortal Kombat.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku paiki may be famous one day paiki may be famous one day paiki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Everything in children past have effect on his future...

Sexual desire isn´t a problem in child life... but it´ll give some problems in the future... maybe just some fantasies, or maybe some critical problems... who knows

Newbie Kire may be famous one day Kire may be famous one day Kire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geishagallows
    Ive been thinking alot about how pop culture and the like imprint images into ppls head, perticularly children. Im against children playing video games other than those involving strategy. Besides that, The game Grand theft auto San andreas my brothers have been getting really into, some of the concepts in the game are brilliant, but terribly innapropriate, there are missions where you beat female strippers! Other missions and steps to achieving goals, are to sleep with hookers, uh HELLO! Why are parents buying these games for their children! OMG I played like final fantasy 1 and 2 and stuff when i was little! also, this will effect children, drastically, it clouds their proccessing, videogames generally kill their imagination, so do some sports and other things that allow little of ones own thoughts. All these heterosexual relation ships portayed everywhere, thats gonna screw up the kids even more, forcing them to follow a path they dont personally feel is right, personal pressure is an epidemic, even though many will deny it, it effects xchildren in very perverse ways. It can give them problems, just the fact trhat they can exept they need to change themselves. Well what are youyr opinions?
    Where are the parents, I couldn't have put it better. Seriously, parents have been using video games to replace baby siters and afterschool program for a while now. I mean why waiste the money on someone to come over and watch your kid when you can skip the weekly babysitting fees and buy a video game system. Not only will it keep your kids quiet it will also stop them from wineing that thier freinds have a nintendo and they want a nintendo also (or whatever). Parents of late have done a horrable job of raising thier kids. I did an internship for a Jr. High group, it was shocking how many parents wanted other people to raise thier kids and took no responsability for brining up a brat. Parents need to take responsability.

Playing videogames does have perks...I blame duck hunt for making me a marksman with about an 88% accuracy. But there are other perks as well, mostly in the way that we think. Being able to look at problems from different angles and being more creative. But parents do need to make sure thier kids ahear to the video game rateing system, kids can't have jobs so the only way they can get a videogame that you don't like is if you allow them to. (Same thing applys with cloths [mostly little girls dressing like skanks with the parent wondering how....duh you baought her the cloths] tools [knives are very popular] along with pellet guns and all other things in general)

The part about heterosexual relationship screwing people up...I have to disagree. Although I'm not sure if you are saying that it will keep homosexuals in the closet? In that case well every doctor I know will tell you that homosexuality isn't normal...I mean everyone's bodys are designed to work the same way. It doesn't kill creativity, but at the same time do get your kids out there and play with other kids and make sure they arn't playing videogames all the time.

I really don't get why people go off on videogames and say they ruin society...How many people go and watch TV or movies all day long or from when they get home from work to when they go to bed...all a videogame is, is an interactive movie, a story that you can participate in....it's a little better then veging out infront of the TV w/o thinking. At least video games can be mentaly challenging.

Newbie Dark Inuyasha may be famous one day Dark Inuyasha may be famous one day Dark Inuyasha's Avatar
    Thanks
    I personally think that parents should buy games to their sons depending on the childs maturaty if the kid mimic what he sees in tv or video games then perents should be carefull but if the kid is mature and knows that what he sees on tv, etc... is just an entertaiment and is not real then I dont see any problem in buying the game. btw I'm 13 and I play any game and I dont think it have any effects on me lol
    Kenshin: "You can die at any time but living takes true corage. I'm living too that I am, to repent for all the lives I've took"

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Some games are about marketing and some are not. Sex does sell, I agree. As a gamer though, I was always into the gameplay aspect. Games were, for a long time parents. I lost my friends and regressed into cideo games, but that was MY choice. I grew up alone, but fine. Games have more of an impact than many think too. As opossed to children, I think each parent should set a guideline and not break it. Don't even bend it. If I had children, wouldn't want him/her to play games until there were about 10. I might not even have a TV in the house if I ever stopped playing games. I think the best thing to do, if you expose them to things like TV and Video Games is to teach your kids right and wrong about these things. You have to remember, children learn faster than at any other time in thier life. The younger they are, the faster they learn it, too.

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5