Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does this work??

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this work??

Since there's always new folks who don't read the rules, I have a suggestion. Can't really blame these folks though, because even I have a hard time finding the rules sometimes, let alone someone who has never been here before.

My suggestion: Right after every user creates their new account, they get redirected to the rules page. And when they create their intro thread, they get redirected again (just for kicks).

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Does this work??

Maybe a users agreement when joining AO?
    And just to make people read it, put what you have to do to continue to the next screen somewhere 3/4 down the rules.
    Not a simple "I accept" button, because noone would read it (like when you buy software).

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

or, when once they hit "create account" or whatever it is, they'll be redirected to, "posting and you". not the thread, the actual video, action is stronger than words they always say.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

haha they will simply scroll down the rules and hit "i accept"

if we can just put a timer there like maybe 2-3 minutes right, where their browser is locked to the rules site and if you try to leave or close the browser, a tons of pop-ups from companies (whoever Dan sign contracts with)

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    haha they will simply scroll down the rules and hit "i accept"

if we can just put a timer there like maybe 2-3 minutes right, where their browser is locked to the rules site and if you try to leave or close the browser, a tons of pop-ups from companies (whoever Dan sign contracts with)
    Read my post a lil better:
    And just to make people read it, put what you have to do to continue to the next screen somewhere 3/4 down the rules.
    Not a simple "I accept" button, because noone would read it (like when you buy software).

Thanks

does anyone realize that the link to the rules poped up right under the PMs window

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

*gasp* OMG it did? Damn I must be amazing to read everyones mind O_O WOW!!!

Thanks

Quick fingers Lord K, quick fingers.
    I also like the little '+' signs to visit the last posted message.
    What with the double bar at the top of the page?
    Last edited by Hassun; Jun 23, 2005 at 01:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast