View Poll Results: Do you think Bush should bring back the draft?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.00%
  • No

34 85.00%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Draft ahhh!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Draft ahhh!!

I just did a news search and came up with nada.

The closest thing was a high school opinion peice.

The draft is a requirment in the US that young men between the age of 18-25 have to register their names with the government. If the US went to war then the registered names (in those ages) would be drawn randomly for service. If they don't register by the time they are 26 then they will never qualify for any type of Federal service/assistance such as student loans. The last person on record to refuse also recieved 2 years community service for breaking the law.

After 9/11 there were certain Democrate Congress members who tried to pressure President Bush into calling up the draft for the War on Terrorism. President Bush refused. He cited the fact that a volunteer military is far more effective then an impressed one. Since then enough time has passed that anyone who was in the Reserves or the Regulars and didn't want to go into combat could resign so I would consider it safe to say that he has his voluntary military. There is no way that anyone left in any branch can claim they don't expect to see combat.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes, I say bring back the draft! Why? Because I can't be drafted! By all means, go and fight for me! I'll stay at home and cheer you on!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah i havent heard it either. 18-48? Theres no way they would want guys past 35. Plenty of younger, better shape men. So this makes me believe this story is bull.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    whoo...
    thank god I'm still 17...

mm... must find a way to dodge the draft...
    uhh... Canada, anyone?
    Unfortunately, in an interview a few months back, the boss of Canada said "No Way!" to Draft Dodgers going to his country. Sorry...

Also, if I remember correctly, there's a bill going through right now that will make any form of Draft Dodging count as treason, punishable by death. I'm not sure how factual it is.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

It was on CNN my parents went insane
    for an hour or so raving about this confrence

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

agreed, this is obviously as bunch of crap, why summon the draft when we're trying to get OUT of Iraq?

Otaku Lynk may be famous one day Lynk may be famous one day Lynk's Avatar
    Thanks

funny thing is, is that the US ISN'T at war. it was never declared by congress a war. it was labeled a war by bush and countless other people. personally, i think that the draft should not be reinstated, especially with those age limits. i had a shop teacher who was in Vietnam and he would be in those age limits still. and he is almost FIFTY! it is insane.
    92% of teens moved on to rap music.If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    It was on CNN my parents went insane
    for an hour or so raving about this confrence
    That's funny. I just checked the CNN webpage, updated as of 9:42 p.m. EDT, nope, zip, nada.

Are you sure it wasn't just somone making some outragous claim again? It happens all the time and there is no way something like that wouldn't be all over the news.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast