View Poll Results: Do you think Bush should bring back the draft?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.00%
  • No

34 85.00%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Draft ahhh!!

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Draft ahhh!!

It doesn't matter if there is a draft or not. You still have to be registered. It is mandatory of all males entering college to register in case of a draft. Otherwise you won't receive financial aid from the government.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    In my head I never pictured you as a cheerleader.
    It's ok... in my head, I never pictured myself jumpkicking people, but I do.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

A quote from a popular t-shirt among Canadian Soldiers:
    Canadians Draft Beer, Not Soldiers
    And a little history lesson for ya, Canada has only had to enact the Draft once, and that was very near the end of World War 2. That means that the majority of the Canadian Troops who fought in WWII did so by choice.
    Last edited by aceman67; Sep 21, 2005 at 11:21 AM.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

It can be reinstated at anytime, although I haven't heard anything about it. I, for one, hope they don't reinstate it; not of any sort of loathing of the draft; but out of the fact that, as of now, it's not very practical. The volunteer army is doing a good enough job right now and the need for more troops isn't pressing.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Vampire Prince Archery 2000 Champion kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei's Avatar
    Thanks

so i'm saved because i'm 16 lol, why would bush do such of thing he doesn't need more people to go Irak and get killed, that is just another stupid idea.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, I have no idea. I would hope not because it would be like mass hysteria. And I haven't heard anything either and I realized you didn't either, the starter of the thread that is. By your poll it showed you had no information, so I don't understand why people erupted...just shows you the idea of the draft is frightful to most people.

I'm not going to say I think so or that I don't think so. Don't want to jinx anything, but let's all hope for the best .^_^.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Haha.
    Somebody heard wrong.
    The draft will probably never be reinstated.
    Just too much trouble.
    And American morale is way up since 9/11
    So finding volunteers isn't a problem.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

As Arrianna said, the only one who is calling for a draft is Democratic Senator Charles Ranger of New York. he's been calling for it since 9/11 beause he feels an all volenteery military is not fair to those in the military. He couldn't explain his possition any better when he was challenged on the question of how is it unfair.

this whole draft bit is a ploy by unethical democrats who bring it up in the news...then demonize bush about what a horrible man he is because they "heard a rumor' that the draft was comming back.

Besides, I belive the only one who can re-institute the draft is CONGRESS, not Pres. Bush.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast