View Poll Results: Do you think Bush should bring back the draft?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.00%
  • No

34 85.00%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Draft ahhh!!

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Draft ahhh!!

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    According to California State laws,
    I have recieve Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from the Social Security Administration.
    I have Bipolar Disorder.
    Techinically, I am legally disabled
    I have been informed I CANNOT BE DRAFTED.
    I believe this is accurate? Although I recieved a selective services enrollment form in the mail, I believe the policy is legally disabled people do not qualify!
    I have a heart murmur and suffer from occasional blackouts yay
    though I'm not sure if I cant be drafted do to that

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt that the draft will ever come back into effect, I really don't see that happening for quite a while. As for serving the country....like i've said many a time before, if the cause was meaningful and i really thought we we're fighting the good fight...I'd sign up, no question.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    I have a heart murmur and suffer from occasional blackouts yay
    though I'm not sure if I cant be drafted do to that

Hey, don't debate the law with me...you can look it up if you want though

I assure you, it's legit. My dad's a lawyer, I double checked with him ^_~

Figure it this way ~ Would you as a commander want ANY of his troops threatening others? Probably not, especially if they have had diagnoses like mine...They wouldn't allow me with a gun on the battlefield, especially if they knew I might pull the trigger on myself.

Oh, yeah...occassional blackouts would probably prevent you from being drafted too. They don't want someone in infantry passing out in the middle of a raid now would they?

I live right next to a marine base, called Camp Pendleton, we get a lot of Marines in town...so I hear a lot of the news on what is going on.
    Last edited by tasukuchan; Sep 22, 2005 at 08:24 PM.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: The Draft ahhh!!

huh?!?!?...what draft? was that mentioned before? i guess i need to watch the news more often

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tano-kun
    huh?!?!?...what draft? was that mentioned before? i guess i need to watch the news more often
    ...No draft yet...not that there ever will be one necessarily. Just the one that we have been talking about in this thread!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tychoides
    My guess is that most people here would run. Personally, if my country needed me, I'd do whatever I could.
    Good, a stand-up guy. I was starting to think there was a shortage around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychoides
    These kids should all be glad they don't live in a country with manditory military service at a certain age. Then again, there are times I wish we had that kind of institution here...
    I agree with all that. Additionally draft dodgers should be publicly brutalized then castrated, for failing to be a man. A bit brutal I know but I have a thing for cowards. no, not C.O.'s but cowards. There is a difference.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    I agree with all that. Additionally draft dodgers should be publicly brutalized then castrated, for failing to be a man. A bit brutal I know but I have a thing for cowards. no, not C.O.'s but cowards. There is a difference.
    What about any ladies? JK

Of course I would serve, I wouldn't be called though (note the lady part of my sig). Now if my husband was called I won't lie, I would be concerned, I would miss him, but I would also be proud of him.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no fear of that....I've been told by MANY military men that unless DEAD bodies were needed for a beach front, I'm not military material.

But seriously, If I was drafted I would go. I'd hate every minute but I would do it. I have the deepest, most heartfelt respect for military personell becuase they are willingly doing a job that I would never want to do and am not cut out for. I fully admit that. So, I do my part at home by supporting the troops and voting in politicians who also support them.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast