View Poll Results: Do you think Bush should bring back the draft?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.00%
  • No

34 85.00%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Draft ahhh!!

Newbie tekkenfan_kevin may be famous one day tekkenfan_kevin may be famous one day tekkenfan_kevin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Draft ahhh!!

I don't think they should but if they did I would be right there to protect my country and my family.

Newbie TalontheElf may be famous one day TalontheElf may be famous one day
    Thanks

Interesting topic, the "Draft". Funny that for a while, the Draft was being discussed on "non main streamed news agencies", that the draft was coming back, that the draft age would be raised to 45 instead of 26 years of age. There was even reports that women would be conscripted into the military. Funny that the "talk" of the draft has quieted down, especially since the 2 hurricanes (Katrina and Rita) have made the news on a national level.

Just because there is no draft, does not mean that the draft cannot be reinstated at any time. All it takes is an "Act of Congress" and the "Excutive Order" by the President. That's why by federal law that all men of the age of 18 to 26 years must register w/ the "Selective Service" or be denied federal grants for academia purposes Colleges & Universities & etc.) This could even affect one's credit statis or even loans from finacial institutions. (Private)

Remember, Congress never gave it's "Blessing" to this war (Iraq) and anyone who advocates the "Draft" would be commiting political suicide at the election booths in November. President Bush does not care for the simple fact, he's a "Lame Duck" True, the "Volunteer Armed Forces" does work because people want to serve the U.S. military/country. Of course, there is the desire to work, earn money for school, etc.

With the Draft, you will get every man (and women) who is age eligible. The sad thing of the talk of the draft is that this "war" is about oil (liquid black gold), businesses that are profiteering like "Haliburton" and it's subsidaries like "KBR". They are in bed w/ the politicians, including the Bushes, the Cheneys, the Rumsfelds and the NeoCons. Hmmm, go ahead and call me a "Liberal" or a "Michael Moreland wanna be" or even worse, "A Damned Commie !"

Yes, the Draft wont come today, but one day, it will come and when it does, Uncle Sam will be coming for your "a** !" Oh yeah, for those who want to "run" to Canada to avoid the draft, U better have your "Passport" available. No S*** ! Part of the "Homeland Security Act" concocted out of fear of another "9/11". Just another way to keep in Americans from avoiding the draft. Funny what fear, death and dying will do to people and what's even worse, is when our own government (Amerikan) lies to us just so the politicians, the corporate masters and need I say, a select few religious entities who who like to cleanse the Middle East of America's enemies and make it "Israel Friendly !"

To me, this so called "War against Terrorism" is nothing more than a "Sham" a lie that has been perpatrated upon Americans out of fear and to some degree, "patriotism." Ask yourself this question : "Is this "War against Terrorism" worth the hundreds of billions of dollars, the loss of nearly 1915 American military personnel over there in Iraq against a "Faceless Terrorist" or bankrupting our nation and it's most important resource, it's PEOPLE of all ages, races, and anything else under the SUN ?"

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Remember, Congress never gave it's "Blessing" to this war (Iraq) and anyone who advocates the "Draft" would be commiting political suicide at the election booths in November. President Bush does not care for the simple fact, he's a "Lame Duck" True, the "Volunteer Armed Forces" does work because people want to serve the U.S. military/country. Of course, there is the desire to work, earn money for school, etc.
    Acutally, congress did give it's blessing. It's on record. Many of these liberal Senators screaming about the war and how it is so unjust are hoping you'll just forget the fact that they approved the military action. Bush can't declaire war...only congress can. They approved and authorized the war nearly unanomusly. That's a fact.

The only one calling for the Draft was Charles Wrangler (democrat) of New York. And your right, he had to do a lot of backpeddling when public oppinion came against him.

Newbie ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva..'s Avatar
    Thanks
    what is the draft......an idea promoted by a ruling minority, an idea once enforced my a ruling minority, upon a subservient majority that may or may not have wanted to participate in the first place.. promises of honor & remembrance in exchange for one's flesh & blood......& then, it was absolved & all was fair, for a time...but if that dream still burns within the agenda of the ruling minority, then what? if (once again) enforced upon us without our willing consent, then how many of us would readily agree & how many more would rebel in defiance?

the draft......or perhaps, forcing one to kill in exchange for peace.. *wicked grin* i must admit, it's a clever campaign ~ even if laced within deceptive threads.. but it's interesting to note ~ if the old want to wage war, then why not just let them fight it out; why should the rest suffer for their angst?

one's amusement is another's terror.. ~diva..

Newbie TalontheElf may be famous one day TalontheElf may be famous one day
    Thanks

Thank U Barronmore. I stand corrected on the fact that Congress did declare "war" against "the Evil Dictator Saddam Huessein ". My bad ! Screaming about "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a enimga in it self and because of this and other "fibs", the present administration has gotten the good ol' USA into a real pickle. A quote from Bullwinkle (of Rocky and Bullwinkle fame) : (Bullwinkle) "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of this hat ! " (Rocky) "Again ! "

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TalontheElf
    because of this and other "fibs"
    Ok, this is a pet peeve of mine. Everyone who keeps accusing the administration of lying need to stop listening to the knee jerk media spinsters and actually read your dictionary and the pertinate records on what happened.

lie
    n.

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

mis·in·form
    tr.v. mis·in·formed, mis·in·form·ing, mis·in·forms

To provide with incorrect information.

The administration didn't have any information that the rest of congress and more world leaders then I can count had as well. EVERYONE thought that those facts were correct including the last five Presidents of the US. IF it turns out that the WMD's didn't exist then it means that the World Leaders/President/Congress were MISINFORMED! To be given incorrect information and pass it on IS NOT LYING! It also happens all the time, just ask the Police!

So until you yourself have never been mistaken about anything you have thought to be a fact I would sugest everyone stop throwing stones in their own "glass houses"!

It would be to much to expect the media to stop though since every single news agency that makes this accusation has been found to have fabricated news at least once in the last 10 years and in the case of CNN to have a policy of actively lying about the activities of Dictators they want their reporters to get exclusives with.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

http://usconservatives.about.com/od/...ar/i/draft.htm

The draft will not be reinstated, and has been stated numerous, numerous times before, it's not Bush. The last time it was brought up in congress it was defeated by something like 405-2. It hasn't gotten much news coverage because it's absolutely ridiculous. The performance of a voluntary military (albeit it smaller) is far better than the draftees ever were, with the added bonus of no draft riots.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Your sarcasam is not amusing but not suprising either.

The point of the matter is Congress did declair war and give the President military athority. Now they want to pretend that never happened for political reasons. If you want to disagree with the war, that's your business and your right. But don't lie (or misrepresent) basic facts. Fact: Congress declaired war. Fact: This is not an illegal war. Fact: Geroge Bush went to the UN for approval. Fact: There are over 60+ countires that are either funding the war, providing ground troops, or both. Fact: Sadam was evil. Fact: Sadam was seeking "weapons of mass destruction" and had unaccounted for "weapons of mass distruction" (in the form of chemical weapons). Fact: George Bush is not reinstating the draft! Those are all facts.

If you want to debate the current policy, go right ahead. But don't lie or "fib" about the facts so you can try to make your "point". Stop going to the good ole liberal standy of attacking the person when your 'facts' are corrected. That does not lead to honest debate but to shrill redorhic.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast