View Poll Results: Do you think Bush should bring back the draft?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 15.00%
  • No

34 85.00%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Draft ahhh!!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Draft ahhh!!

the draft will never be reinstated, the vietnam war will serve forever as a reason why the draft should not be reinstated. The lessons on vietnam consistently talk about the draft and what was done back then so even if all of the people who were alive in vietnam are dead, history will still be told and it will never be reinstated, if it is, then god help us all, I would find a way not to fight, I have my own personal reasons which we will not go into here about why the military is shit, but regardless, the lessons of the past will force the present to think about the future. Also, you cannot say that sadam was looking for weapons of mass destruction, what are you basing your facts upon, our intelligence, to which to my last knowledge was faulty at best, I will agree with most of your facts barronmore, however others are facts based upon faulty intelligence which makes them faulty facts. Also, Sadam being evil is an opinion not a fact, one persons dictator is anothers hero. I do believe he was evil however I will not say that its a fact.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Oct 02, 2005 at 11:29 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    the draft will never be reinstated, the vietnam war will serve forever as a reason why the draft should not be reinstated. The lessons on vietnam consistently talk about the draft and what was done back then so even if all of the people who were alive in vietnam are dead, history will still be told and it will never be reinstated, if it is, then god help us all, I would find a way not to fight, I have my own personal reasons which we will not go into here about why the military is shit, but regardless, the lessons of the past will force the present to think about the future. Also, you cannot say that sadam was looking for weapons of mass destruction, what are you basing your facts upon, our intelligence, to which to my last knowledge was faulty at best, I will agree with most of your facts barronmore, however others are facts based upon faulty intelligence which makes them faulty facts. Also, Sadam being evil is an opinion not a fact, one persons dictator is anothers hero. I do believe he was evil however I will not say that its a fact.
    As much as I hate to disagree with the Baronmore's ( seeing how they are some of the few who will back their claims with solid information or clinical studies, and that I whole heartedly agree) the Knight of Ni is correct on these two matters.
    1) evil is objective and subject to personal beleif not fact. (I beleive he is evil but I stand by my previous statment; P.S. you've all seen the South Park movie right?)
    2) We as a country do not know Saddams intentions regarding WMD's, we can't read minds yet. ( I'm pretty sure what they were based on past experience and political policies; and what foreign inteligence led us to beleive)

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    As much as I hate to disagree with the Baronmore's
    2) We as a country do not know Saddams intentions regarding WMD's, we can't read minds yet. ( I'm pretty sure what they were based on past experience and political policies; and what foreign inteligence led us to beleive)
    Actually we don't have to depend on reading minds for that one. Saddam's people kept assiduous records. His own memos, notes, and government records tell us that. Fact.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Actually we don't have to depend on reading minds for that one. Saddam's people kept assiduous records. His own memos, notes, and government records tell us that. Fact.
    This is true, I don't think we had this intel when we went in though, and I thought that was the point in question. Yes we know this to be fact but at the time...

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie tob_punk may be famous one day tob_punk may be famous one day tob_punk's Avatar
    Thanks

actully, u really need to get ur facts strait b4 maake a threaaad like this, Bush is not bringing back the draft. first off yes, hes that stupid, but hes not tring to aactually have a war, he wants money. i mean, would we be there if they didnt have oil. and then gas pirces, it obvious. but on the topic of the draft, not happening, cuz 911 is probly the best thing that ever happened for bbush, how else would he had all these ppl joining the military branches proud and willing to do what theey're told in the naame of amreica...

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    Acutally, I had an intresting discussion on this very subject with a Greek friend of mine at the whole hight of the "WMD" debate. I mentioned the fact about Bush getting bashed over here because of faulty intell and he laughed. I told him that we got the intell from Brittan but we don't know where the Brits got it from because Bush won't tell . He told me strait up where the intell came from.

The Intell came origonally from Spain. They beleived that Sadam was trying to buy "yellowcake" in Africa and passed that info to the Italians. The Italians then passed it to the French, the French to the Brits and the Brits to us. GW Bush kept the info secret because the French asked the source to be kept secret. This came strait from my friend. He was seriously wondering why we in America were having such a hard time accepting this.

It's been 4 years now. None of those countires have retracted their claim. Yet, not a single critic can positivly prove that they were wrong. Everyone who says otherwise has possible alterior movitves. On top of that, Niger has now admited that Sadam did try to buy Yellowcake from them (Click here for Article).

Now, we do know that Saddam did have chemical weapons at the end of the Gulf War and we know that he used them. Part of his surrender was that he was to destroy his stockpile and provide records to prove that he did. He did not do that. Ever. The question was how much did he have and how accessable was it.

We know he had Nuke ambitions because his long time mistress (who was also his son's secritary) defected to the US and TOLD us of his nuklear ambitions. She also told us about some of his chem weapons labs, etc. There were a number of Iraqi scientists defectors that have also sworn under oath that Sadam had a full WMD program that they were 'working' on (they knew that someday Sadam would fall and they knew that if they actually worked on the WDM's they would be charged with war crimes...so they lied and told them it was comming along fine while not actually doing the work). We KNOW that Sadam had these desires. We did not know rather or not he had the capability. But according to UN charter, he had to prove he did not have them, we did not have to prove he had the capability. Besides, should we really wait to see if he had the capability or not? Before you answer that question...think about Iran and N. Korea.

As for Sadam being evil? He was. That's not oppinion. It is fact. HE killed over 100,000 of his own people in genocide (possibly up to 1 million). He freely raped and tortured citizens on a near daily basis. He even had 7 men's hands amputated for 'dealing in american money' (Washington Post Article). He was a sadistic murder...none of that is in doubt. If murder, rape and torture is not evil, what is?

Otaku Spartan117 may be famous one day Spartan117 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I just hope all of you who say the draft is comeing back are wrong. I turn 18 this friday.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

WHAT??? That is messed up!!! Has anyone noticed that he portrays her daughters as "MODEL CITIZENS" but doesn't send THEM to war?? I'll join the military and go to war when that happens....I WILL NOT LOOSE MY LIFE OVER SOMEONE WHO THINKS DROPPING BOMBS ON CHILDREN IS GOOD AND IS GONNA MAKE PEACE..
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast