Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: dragonball af

Newbie tekkenfan_kevin may be famous one day tekkenfan_kevin may be famous one day tekkenfan_kevin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: dragonball af

they plan on going from dragonball to dragonball z in one movie plus they plan on skipping the frieza saga..............................(yelling in rage)................I will find them and set them ablaze

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Let's put an end to this rumor right now!!! Dragon Ball AF (Dragon Ball APRIL FOOLS) was a spoof put up on a popular Dragon Ball Z fansite several years ago, and because of it, rumors persist of it to this day. The Dragon Ball GT TV special (which came out after the end of Dragon Ball GT) was the last anime production of the franchise...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie tob_punk may be famous one day tob_punk may be famous one day tob_punk's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragonball AF is false yes, but it does exist. its a fanfic, and i've read 2 versions. one is just plainly stupid with Mr. Satan trpping on acid , trix the rabit, and a rediculous 8 person fusion, and the other has goku finally coming back(grown up, and SSJ 5) and everyones older, and he has the powers of the dragon balls and grants everyone a wish. its actually not bad.

as far as the DBZ live action movie, thats false too, it was posted on the the offical DBZ site, but they later reaveled that fox has never even talked about it, none the less of casting actors for parts.

after posting this, i went the DBZ offical site and i copied and pasted this right off the site about the lice action movie.

The following has been reported on www.kylehebert.com:

ILM ON DBZ LIVE ACTION MOVIE by Otherworld Steve

I decided to follow up a bit more regarding the rumored live action Dragon Ball/Z movie. One persistent rumor has been that "George Lucas' CGI company ILM has signed a contract to do the special effects."

Today I called Ellen Pasternack, Public Relations for ILM. I asked her if the rumor was true; if ILM was brought on board to provide the special effects for the Dragon Ball/Z live action movie. Ms. Pasternack's reply was that it had been mentioned, but ILM never officially signed off on anything and it never came to be. She also commented that, as far as she knows, the film is not being made.

So there you have it, folks. Another death nail in the DBZ live action movie coffin. That isn't to say that the film will never be made. There are other major studios besides FOX and other effects houses aside from ILM. Who knows ... maybe Wetta will snag this property to go along with the Evangelion live action movie. Only time will tell.

Edit: I just want to clarify that a.) FUNimation Productions has absolutely nothing to do with the concept/licensing for a Dragon Ball/Z live action movie. They hold the license for the anime/games/merchandise only, and b.) this website is NOT an official FUNimation website. It is just a promotional website for Kyle Hebert and goes beyond his association with FUNimation. I hope that clears some things up.

NO LIFE IN THE "DRAGONBALL" LIVE ACTION MOVIE? by Otherworld Steve

I literally JUST got off the phone with FOX Studios in Los Angeles, CA. I asked outright about the upcoming live action Dragon Ball/Z movie.

This is exactly what I was told by my contact:

"The Dragon Ball Z movie? We don't have that. I 've got a lot of calls about that so I called around [the studio]. We won't be making that [movie]."

So there you have it, folks. That is the OFFICIAL story from FOX. I know some of you may be disappointed, but I also think it's a blessing.
    Last edited by tob_punk; Sep 28, 2005 at 02:02 PM.

Newbie the chosen one may be famous one day the chosen one may be famous one day the chosen one's Avatar
    Thanks

the movie would kill the dbz legacy because the special effects and hair would be all wrong.
    "I am the game, and I'm that damn good."

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote th Forum Rules...
    -Do not post on threads that have been inactive for longer than two weeks.
    Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2