Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: drawing tips

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: drawing tips

Quote Originally Posted by legacy2Bwritten
    Well now that we're in the subject. I own couple of books to show u how to draw manga but I don't neccesarly read them just observe, does that mean u really have to read to understand not just by looking and the figures and seeing how to draw it.
    I never really read my artbooks. When Im at Chapters, I find books that have very good illustrations and detailed pictures of drawings and show step by step process, from step 1 to the finish drawing. Depending on the book, I really hate those art books that only have the finish drawing/paintings then a paragraph underneath talking about it. I want visual samples! Not an essay.

It really depends what art book explaining what medium, some art books will require some reading that explain how the artist achieve, like effects for the drawing/painting etc. but not a whole alot. This isn't a novel study. So its not necessary to read much. Just study the images and if necessary draw it out yourself so you have a better understanding.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Some good advice here ^^ I only have a few tips:

-Draw from real life. It's one of the greatest practices you can do. It'll help with characters, backgrounds, inanimate objects, and subtle details. If you're into animation, it'll help you learn how things move.

-Study human anatomy. You don't have to take a full class (I did and only about 9 weeks worth effected my drawing u_u), but get and pictures books that teach you the skeleton, muscles, and overall figure - it'll help your proportion. You don't have to read the words if you don't want to, but I make it a habit to read them at least twice.

-Copy/trace different types of professional artists with different styles. Doing so with your favorite artist(s) is fine, but you may find it easier to create your own style if your not heavily influenced by 1-2 artists (this may not be the case if you have like a nice amount of artists). You may also find that the artist(s) you were soo sure you didn't like has a nice way of drawing ears ^-^

-Make your own character(s). Create a character that you like. Whether it be a future character in a comic or just an ideal person you'd like to know make a basic outline of them. Then keep drawing them. Even as you practice with whatever method you're comfortable with, keep going back to them and improving them with the new methods you learn. This way it'll be your character that gets the best of your learning instead of an already created character =)

-Don't hesitate to draw your anime/real character in a realistic/anime form. Good way to practice - interesting too ^^
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres a tip I got off from a book.

If you are having trouble duplicating something in your drawing. This is a good technique. A good example is the eyes.

Get a piece of tracing paper, trace over the eye, flip the tracing paper over to the other side where the eye is faced down, then trace it again. A ghostly imprint of the eye will be visible. Now just darken it.

Newbie pozda may be famous one day pozda may be famous one day pozda's Avatar
    Thanks

hm i just started to draw characters, but before that i made a research over the net about maga tutorials, and it helps a lot, especially if you are beginner like me ^^

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

just keep practicing and you will become better and plz dont strean yourself out trying to be prefet ok ^__^

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6