Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast = Xbox 360

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dreamcast = Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    @Cybergig1;

i've read all over the place that the PS3 will play HD-DVD and BlueRay (and yes, I know BlueRay is a Sony format...so?). It will aslo play other media formats. Just because Sony has BlueRay does not mean they can't decide to support HD-DVD as well. They have been trying to find a compromise with Samsung about the whole HD-DVD/BlueRay thing. Hasn'tworked out to well but itleast they are trying...

sony is known for only supporting what they use. Sorry but you'll have to show me some sources for that as all I do at work most days in my bored time is surf the web reading ign/1up/gamespot and not once in 9 months have I ever read it say the blu ray player would support HD DVD. So until you show something officially announced about it I just do not see that happening. Their entire strategy to beat HD DVD is that once the PS3 launches there will be that many Blu Ray players out in households. Thus more people will buy blu ray and through sheer numbers they will defeat the HD DVD format (which btw I want Blu Ray to win) So do you honestly believe with ALL that is at stake in the next format war and all the comments thrown back and fourth about the other being "inferior" that they would even think of adding HD DVD playback when it would give the competitor an edge? Are you even understanding this thinking because honestly I know there is no way in hell Sony is going to support HD DVD on the PS3 just so that they can use it as a launching board to completely erase the HD DVD format because they dont want to lose like they did with Betmax. If you have kept up at all with the format war you already know the answer. Once the talks between a possible merged format fell apart they are full steam ahead to get their Blu Ray players out before HD DVD. And the PS3 is their big cannon to get it out in a cheaper way than the stand alone players will cost at first.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Pig Blaster Champion anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy's Avatar
    somewhere in Ontario....um....wait or was it Nunavut
    Thanks

i just herd that the 360 melts cd's and games, so ppl are bringing them back for a refunds, i guess the played it to much
    being a bunny is hard work

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Links:
    Xbox Power Cord Recall
    Xbox 360 crashing, overheating?
    Xbox 360 'Overheating' Problems Emerge
    Xbox 360 crashes, caught on tape

From a forum discussion;
    "Ah, I play Kameo (interesting game) for about 30 minutes and the 360 crashes!!! Ugh.... Power adaptor goes from solid green to a flashing orange.... What next? Well, shoot off an email to MS, get one back not too long ago, find out that the flashing orange means that xbox has overheated!

Overheated??? Come on! Well, the quick fix was to cool down the system and then play it... Since then, I've been able to play, actually watching Stealth right now, but the catch? My window has to be open and it is 40 degrees out!!!!!"
    I assume this isn't normal for an initial release?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not too sure about the overheating problems, but I think of it like this, the 360's way more powerful than my PC at this point, and it's small condensed, and probably has little airflow, so it's no wonder these things overheat, I placed mine in my cabinet on it's own level, horizontal, and put a small fan behind it just in case. it's basic PC cooling steps. very basic, I got an extra fan and airflow, I've never had ANY problems with the xbox.

Newbie Ninety-nine may be famous one day Ninety-nine may be famous one day Ninety-nine's Avatar
    Thanks

All technology out there has something that could go wrong with it. Having a 360 stock set aside is a smart idea for microsoft to ensure that customers don't have to wait weeks or months before they receive another Xbox 360 that won't have problems. You can just call it a plan B, just in case there were problems with plan A, which there were(a few problems so far, nothing too big).

In order to know how many things are contained within the xbox 360, check out this article which shows exactly what's in the xbox 360 in screenshots...http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610

Newbie Dirtybeast may be famous one day Dirtybeast may be famous one day Dirtybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

I got My Xbox 360 at 8am on Tuesday the 22nd I've Had NO Problems with Mine I Makes No More Heat Then My Slim Ps2 does (and i'm not joking the ps2 actually Seems hotter) . I'm Not saying there is'nt problems with launch units out there. It's Just the people that got a bad system are more vocal and make it seem like it's a bigger deal then it really is. All this is To be Expected the PS2 launch Had Just As Many Problems (with disc read errors and such) it just seems like everyone wants the 360 to fail.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

@Cybergig1

I take it back. Looks like I was wrong about the HD-DVD thing. I can't find anything to support what I heard on google.

I personally hope Blue-Ray wins too. All the Xbox fanboys around here keep telling me that the Blue-ray tech is going to be wasted and the 50+ gigs never used. I personally think that game designers will find a way to use the extra drive spce. I HOPE that they are smart enough to use it for hardware emulation to increase the versitality of the PS3. That would be lots of fun.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

no they are wrong in that regard. To me HD DVD is like the difference between a 1 gig and a 2 gig mp3 player. Its a super short term solution thats a waste of money. Whereas Blu Ray would be a 40 gig mp3 player that will last for years and years. Being and HDTV buff I want the disc with the most space that equals higher transfers for movies. Now with games I think larger discs spaces are just a waste. I mean if the game takes up that much just put it on two DVD's. Doesn't bother me and I'm not that lazy. But for movies I'm all blu ray its the way to go and I hope they crush that HD DVD crap. Xbox doesn't even care to support it since they are looking at the 10 year plan which is basically in the future there wont be discs and you'll download all your movies. Which I guess will happen but I'd rather have a disc anyday. Feels more real

For me I've had no crashes/breaks/whatever and I've put it through some 8 hours binges the last couple days since I'm off for the holiday. To me it seems like another place posted the culprit is not the console itself overheating but the power brick on the AC adapter. People aren't putting it in a ventilated area (which I can understand you dont think to put the chord normally in a ventillated area) but so far about 9 out of 10 who may have had a problem said that has fixed it. With more power comes more heat. Just one of those things. And I sure hope they put more holes in the PS3 or its gonna be the PS1 allover again where I have a fan sitting next to the damn thing :\

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast