Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast = Xbox 360

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dreamcast = Xbox 360

OMDG!!!!! I haven't read all of the site that Ninety-nine gave, but I'm going nuts just reading it all...I can't understand everything, but I do understand around 60-80% of it all. The console war seems to me as people using technology at its best and making something WAY out there that nothing can compare even after its surpassed by normal processing power, as if all the helping components seem to give the main object of power so much support that its capabilities are....too high to imagine in present state of mind damnit.

Okay, now that all the steam has fallen, I haven't found specific specs(for PS3) if there will be something about a compatibility with 9 GB DVD thingies, but I'm imagining that 9GB may not suffice in the long run, even if the crunching capabilities of the XBOX 360 and of its decompressions seems quite optimised to make things fit in very minute spaces.

Too much info going in my mind to handle so I may not be 100% precise on things, so going on the website as well as checlàking all the available links inside the document will enlighten probably many of you if your good at understanding computers and its inner workings...cause I ain't a pro at this...and will probably remain partially good at understanding all.

With all this, on the main subject, I seriously think that developers will go on XBOX 360 with much more enthousiasm than with the Dreamcast at the start and the long run....if they fix all their bugs that can probably be taken care of if well handled. If people don't want to take the time to fix things, Microsoft may loose some money at first, but could probably recuperate for the time being.

So much more could be said, but that's it for this post, I'm off to reading more of the stuff that got me all hyped up XD

P.S.: Oh, and about which console is more powerful. In a jagged not very neat at all resume:

The XBOX 360 has 3 things:
    These three things work in order, for those who understand
    These three things help each other to make things better
    The first games will use only one for the game and the rest for helping things seem and sound better, after lots of hard work and understanding, all three things will be used and your mind will be blown away...

The PS3 has 8 things:
    These things work also in order(I'm 80% certain on this...gotta re-read but won't so go check on the site to know more XD)
    The first games may use 1 or 2 of these things as it will be going on the market later than XBOX 360, maybe more...who knows.

I won't try to explain in super detail as I'm not a genius in terms but the "3 things" is the Xenos and the "8 things" is the Cell everyone has been talking about . So in the long run, once the developers know how to use all "things" within the 5-6 year of lifespan, mister "8 thing" will probably take the lead in power house super things that will not blow away mind, but make it think its still in reality while its already assimilated by the "8 thing".

I could go on still, but Kasai the official AO licker has started chating with me and licked me XD

Oh, edit here, I finished reading finally even if super tired, end word of the site:
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453&p=13
    Last edited by Soldat of life; Nov 26, 2005 at 12:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

oh talking about the cores and whatnot? yeah in the rush to make launch all Xbox launch games actually only use 1 of the 3 cores. Games coming out later on in 2006 will be taking advantage of all 3 cores (as always developers just gotta learn how to do it) and they'll have more things they can do.

PS3 I guess your talking about the SPE's and all? yeah they say its harder to code for but give them about 9 months to a year after it launches and they'll have a better handle on how to take advantage of what all the cell can do

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern's Avatar
    Thanks

heres something funny...................I knew already Dreamcast =x box....just upgraded a bit.................wasn't microsoft sued over it?

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avatarjuern
    heres something funny...................I knew already Dreamcast =x box....just upgraded a bit.................wasn't microsoft sued over it?
    No. Absolutely nothing about that is true. Where the hell did you get that?

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah lol they designed it after a console from last generation..... F'in moron

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Huh? That's probably got to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    Square-Enix have also dropped a number of hints about strongly considering putting the next Final Fantasy (XIII) and Dragon Quest (IX) on the x360. FFXI has already been confirmed. 360's gonna have more RPG's this round.
    Final Fantasy XI sucks balls anyway. That's why they let them use it.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Ken makes a good point. FF XI sucks yak balls. Also, regarding what Raven said....I sure hope that the 360 has a stronger RPG library this time. Or it's over to www.smashmyxbox.com i go.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast