Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drilling in the Alaskan Refuge

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Drilling in the Alaskan Refuge

you guys are starting to sound like &^*%# hippies and I hate hippies. But heck I do agree that what their doing is wrong.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Gotcha. You were saying each person uses 25 barrels per year (or so). I took it as all of America does seeing as how you said "Americans on average..." as opposed to "an American on average uses..." to make your statement. I took it the wrong way. So now I understand, thanks for clearing that up, so on and so forth. Enjoy being right for once.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, yeah those numbers do make alot more sense.

Me? I say drill. I find it hypocritical that we refuse to drill in potentially "sensitive" areas (read anywhere according to environmentaists) in the US but have no problem purchasing oil from countries that drill regularly in what is considered some of the most fragile ecosystems on earth. Countires that don't have the technological advances we do that can help preserve the habitate. If you want it done right....

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Interesting enough, if you check on who is lobbying for the arctic drilling rights, you'll find that it's not the oil companies that are pushing for this.... If the most optimistic projection of the Arctic Wildlife Refuge are true, the amount of oil would represent only a 6 month supply of US oil consumption. Plus the infrastructure costs for the pipelines and pumping stations are so high, the resulting oil production will produce expensive oil... And considering that the oil production from Tar Sands are about to exceed conventional oil production in Canada, there are cheaper sources of oil available... (Now why Bush is pushing for Arctic drilling??? Could the fact that he owns a oil exploration company have something to do with this???)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh damn Len. Don't put any conspiracy theories into these kid's minds. I sense a blow-up coming on.
    Seriously though, could it?!
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

THat's funny Len... since I heard that 6 months was the conservitive estimate and the optimistic one was over 10 years. Either way if they won't make a profit off it they won't drill. Especially since it's looking like the rights will cost twice as much as originally expected. That's the nice thing about a commerce based economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    Oh damn Len. Don't put any conspiracy theories into these kid's minds. I sense a blow-up coming on.
    Seriously though, could it?!
    Nah. Bush has been pushing any measure that will lower our dependance on forign oil ever since 9/11 from hydrogen fueled cars to additional drilling at home. Alaska is just one of the locations they're trying to open. They can now drill from 5-10 miles away from the tap location. There are companies trying to get into the gulf resources since they can drill from shore and never touch the sea bottom. You just don't hear about it as much since it's not in the legislature currently.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble ...

The other thing is, what the oil companies really want is access to the safer and easier unexplored regions to look for oil (eastern slope of the rockies, off the eastern seaboard...) which are currently blocked for purely political reasons... These regions should be opened up for exploration first before resorting to the more expensive and ecologically fragile Arctic drilling regions...

... and speaking of conspiracy theories, the congress has voted to allow drilling off the California coast (a state that has voted twice against Bush in the past two presidential elections...) while blocking oil exploration off the eastern coast of Florida (a state who's Govener happens to be the brother of George W Bush...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    ... and speaking of conspiracy theories, the congress has voted to allow drilling off the California coast (a state that has voted twice against Bush in the past two presidential elections...) while blocking oil exploration off the eastern coast of Florida (a state who's Govener happens to be the brother of George W Bush...)
    Lol!

Yeah, I'm sure that the fact that several of the current platforms in the area have been put offline to the tune of millions from all the hurricanes has nothing to do with it.

mmmhhmmm...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast