Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Drilling in the Alaskan Refuge

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Drilling in the Alaskan Refuge

Dang! @.@

Hahaha! wow, I like you PsiKnot! your awsome. Were you being kinda sarcastic at the end though? If you weren't, your cool, if you were, your still awsome...

man, urdaho. ^^ j/k

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Well just remember this when you go to use PsiKnot's name in vein. And I am not a ho! Why does everyone keep saying that?

Oh, and now that I have explained my question so that eveyone can understand it, what do ya'll think?
    Last edited by PsiKnot; Dec 14, 2005 at 10:37 PM.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

You mean beyond the fact that I think you have a wicked sense of humor and found your original post hilarious?

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    And all this is based on the assumption that drilling in the animal's habitat would endanger said habitat thus leaving no home for the animals listed in either choice.
    Ditto? I have yet to be convinced it will even impact the area considering what I've read about current drilling techniques. It sounds like more of "not in my backyard" to me.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

True it's not in my yard, but those otters are so cute! Maybe it would be ok if we built the oil rigs with little playgrounds or little oil themeparks on them so the otters would be happy.

And as a pre-emptive strike. That was a joke, I know that it wouldn't be economical to put a waterslide on an oil rig but the juxtaposition was suppost to be humorous. Oil sliding otters! I don't care who you are, thats funny!

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie WateredDownDecay may be famous one day WateredDownDecay may be famous one day WateredDownDecay's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a book that my father's reading that suggests oil production under the Earth's surface is a natural process that occurs more than earlier scientists believe it does. If that's true, that would be absence of oil won't be a large problem, also lowering the price drastically. I'm hoping to read it once he's done.

Otaku frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury's Avatar
    Kansas (no, I do not know what happened to Dorothy and Toto)
    Thanks

Yeah, I'd have to say first that your info is wrong, and second that there are plenty of other alternative fuels to use. Solar, wind, and heat energy are not hard to harvest. Plus, fossil fuels have major detrimental effect on everything. What a good engine to use would be son'e engine as a source of power. For more information on the engine, search google for "stone's engine"
    En la tierra de los ciegos, el torto es rey.

In the end, Darwin is right. The strongest do survive.
    Hail Malthus!

Newbie teddeler may be famous one day teddeler may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WateredDownDecay
    There's a book that my father's reading that suggests oil production under the Earth's surface is a natural process that occurs more than earlier scientists believe it does. If that's true, that would be absence of oil won't be a large problem, also lowering the price drastically. I'm hoping to read it once he's done.
    Yes, I've heard similar things but haven't read about it and don't know the sources. Basically I've just heard that previously scientists thought the oil was the leftovers of previous species (dinosaurs and such) and when it's gone it's gone. But they've found that oil fields that were once empty are filling up again (don't you just love how scientists trip over facts just like the rest of us ?). So either there's an oil field they weren't aware of that's draining into the lower field or something is happening to make more oil, possibly coming up from deeper in the earth.

What's the name of the book?
    Who-Otaku, brown belt.

"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4