View Poll Results: Do you like drow elfs?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

2 50.00%
  • dont really care just here to chat about em

2 50.00%

Thread: Drow Elfs, History and chat

Newbie Chaos_Dragon may be famous one day Chaos_Dragon may be famous one day Chaos_Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Drow Elfs, History and chat

OK so i made this thread mainly for the purpose of finding out what drow elfs are,how they were made, and the history of them this thread was inspired by the books about Drizzt Do'Urden.
    I am not a Creature of Darkness,but merely a wanderer to find awnsers about purpose and existance.Which leads me down to one question "Why am i here?"

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Drow Elfs, History and chat

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Popular media (books, movies, TV programs, music, etc.) belong in the Sensory Pleasures Forum...

Moving...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie DLNorton may be famous one day DLNorton may be famous one day DLNorton's Avatar
    Thanks

Man..Drow Elfs have come a long way since I've played D&D way back in the late 70's, early 80's...very little was known then since very little was written about them...we kinda' had to make it up..and then let Gary Gygax know...which he didn't really care one way or another.

The last time I played D&D was back in 1993.

I'll have think about this one a while...
    Last edited by DLNorton; Jul 18, 2005 at 06:08 PM.

Newbie Gammon029 may be famous one day Gammon029 may be famous one day Gammon029's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're talking about the dark elves from the forgotten realms setting, then I think they're called 'drow' and not 'drow elves'. I'm pretty sure the drow regard it as an insult to be called an elf. They'd gut you and torture you to death. O.o

I'm not 100% on this but from what info I've gleaned from the Baldurs Gate series and Neverwinter Nights the elves were originally one race, but due to some event or another the elves were split into 2 groups. The peace loving ones and the war loving ones. The war loving ones were forced to live in the underdark and became the drow.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

drow elves? please to be explaining, i know quiet a bit about elves but never heard of those ones. as for those books, if you could tell me what they're called i will happily read them, unless theyre no good.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Oh, Dark elves are just one of the many different kind of elves that exist. I don't like them one bit, myself... they are alltogether too whiney and upset for me.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

There are many different definitions of what a drow elf is. But they all have a similar theme. Drow elves are the other half of high elves (granted the names are different depending which books you read). Basicly, high elves worship the good gods and drow elves worship the evil gods. This doesn't mean all high elves are good and all drow elves are bad. High elves stay to themselves and doesn't interfere with other races, while drow elves interfere as much as they can to make themselves or race more dominent.
    In D&D novels, Drow elves worship the spider queen, which is an evil god (something like that). In the begining, I think there was one race of elves and they split ( i could be wrong about this). The drow elves went underground and their skin became dark. The spider queen gave them powers, which are more powerful then what the high elves have, but they become weak when exposed to the sun. The priest has the most powers and greater status then the males. Rather then explaining it. Here are some links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drow
    http://bloodyapocalypse.tamarisk.ab.ca/drow.html
    http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/seldarine/intro.htm
    http://myth-drannor.net/DlabraddathN...th/History.htm

Otaku fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006's Avatar
    Thanks

someone help me! i'm new as well, but i must be the most incompatent person in AO because i have no idea how to make a thread! need...help...please and thank you!
    "Who's in the forest strolling? The birds and the bees sing Momeji. The frogs in the pond are calling. Momeji yes it's true..."