Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: du u think tae kwon do should be taught as a pe unit?

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

du u think tae kwon do should be taught as a pe unit?

i want to know whether or not schools should do a PE unit on tae kwon do? is it right or wrong? good or bad?
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

Newbie Felnor may be famous one day Felnor may be famous one day Felnor's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: du u think tae kwon do should be taught as a pe unit?

No they shouldnt. The reason for this would be that a PE teacher would not be qulifyed to teach martial arts. Its a bit different than teaching cricket. I people want to learn it, they should go to a dojo and get someone who is properly quilifyed to show them how its done. Its not something you can teach properly in two hour lessons a week for a term.
    "Walk On, Walk On, With Hope In Your Heart And You'll Never Walk Alone"

http://jadeli.proboards58.com/ - Join if you got nothing better to do!

Newbie tader salad may be famous one day tader salad may be famous one day tader salad's Avatar
    Thanks

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they call me..........Tader salad

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

This isn't really a debate, therefore to the lounge it goes.

I don't feel it should. Far too many people won't be interested in it, not to mention how much it would cost to hire a qualified instructor, and by qualified I mean 5th degree or higher black belt. The martial arts should remain taught in dojos and dojins across the nation.

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

i think if you can find someone who is qualified than it should not be a problem. but than again you have the chance that after some kid learns it he/she will pick a fight and than use what they have learned against the opponent.
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

Newbie Hiwatari Niwa may be famous one day Hiwatari Niwa may be famous one day Hiwatari Niwa's Avatar
    Thanks

Um...no?

P.E isn't meant to include Martial Arts. Just go to a club/leisure centre whatever to do it there.

P.E is just meant for regular activities, like running, basketball, cricket...not something as complex as an MA.

Not everyone would be interested in just doing one Martial Art either.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it should be offered for those people taht don't want to do regular gym activites. though myself would rather play basketball any day >.< !

gym doesn't have to be just regular activies... be nice to spice it up sometime.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a nice thought but i seriously doubt that it would work, like Vegeta said....the number of people that would be truly interested wouldn't be high enough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast